There are a few proposed changes following discussion on the forums about how some features should work. They can be seen below in the order they were posted on the forum.
“We want to address the concerns raised over the recent changes to the outfitting of ‘hot’ ships. The intent was to ensure criminals pay appropriately for their crimes, and simplify the existing systems as it was generating a lot of confusion.
However, after receiving your feedback this morning, we believe that there is a possible solution that could satisfy those who felt it was too punitive whilst remaining sensitive to the Elite Dangerous lore.
We propose that outfitting ‘hot’ ships will work in the following way:
- Outfitting will be available at Anarchy Systems and Starports to those with Wanted status on their ships.
- Outfitting will not be available in non-Anarchy Systems and Starports for those with ‘hot’ ships (ships that have fines or bounties issued against them).
- Basic refuelling will be available at all Starports that offer the service regardless of a ship’s legal status.
Thank you for your continued and vital feedback and helping us to improve Elite Dangerous. Please leave your feedback in this thread and we’ll keep you updated with more information.”
Hot Ships, Hot Modules & Outfitting Proposals
Yesterday afternoon we made a forum post in order to address concerns over recent changes to the outfitting of hot ships. For reference, you can see that post here.
After further investigating the matter ourselves, and reading through your feedback, we’ve decided that the proposed solution isn’t as complete or effective as it could be. We’re currently investigating a new proposal, and much like with the Kill Warrant Scanner changes, we’d like to get your feedback on it and engage in constructive and positive discussion with you.
We will be setting up a new section in the Focused Feedback Forum to discuss the proposal and what it addresses. We’ll communicate when the FFF thread goes live, but you can expect to see it sometime tomorrow. The following is a basic summary of the proposal:
• Hot ships can use outfitting everywhere except at ports where the ship has bounties or fines issued against it
• Modules can be taken from a hot ship and placed in storage if a cleaning fee is paid upfront (5% of the module’s cost)
• Clean modules can be fitted to a hot ship, becoming hot modules
• Bounties can be cleared by security contacts until a murder crime is committed, at which point Interstellar Factors must be used
In the meantime, we will be reverting hot ships and outfitting back to how they worked in 3.0.2. This will mean that:
• Hot ships will be able to use outfitting everywhere except at ports where the ship has bounties or fines issued against it
• Modules can be taken from a hot ship and stored as hot modules
• Hot modules can be placed in hot ships
• Hot modules can be cleaned for a fee (5% of the module’s worth)
• Clean modules placed in a hot ship, becoming hot modules
This update mentioned above should be released early next week.
Once again, thanks for your continued support and feedback. The iteration and constructive discussion with the community helps us to develop the best version of Elite Dangerous that we’re all reaching to achieve.
A quick update on the status of Wing Delivery Missions: we are going to be reducing the units of cargo that these missions can require to 320 – 6120. In addition, we’ll also be increasing the payouts of these missions slightly. Thank you for your feedback and we’ll continue to observe and balance missions if required.