Updated: 7th April at 10:05pm
The Beta for Fleet Carriers is now live and will run until the 20th April 2020. The Beta patch notes can be found below, ir on the Frontier website. You can participate in the Fleet Carriers Beta feedback by visiting the Frontier forum, here.
For additional information, please check the following:
> New Features
- Fleet Carriers are massive ships used as a mobile base of operations, offering multiple landing pads and various services.
- Fleet Carriers cost 5 billion credits.
- Players can purchase a Fleet Carrier from starports with a Carrier Vendor contact.
- Fleet Carriers come with 16 landing pads, 8 large, 4 medium and 4 small.
- Fleet Carrier owners can manage docking permissions to determine who can land on their Fleet Carrier.
- Fleet Carriers can jump up to 500ly.
- Fleet Carriers use the new commodity, Tritium, to perform a jump.
- Owners can install a variety of services on a Fleet Carrier to support their play style.
- Fleet Carriers have a weekly upkeep cost which must be maintained to keep the carrier running.
- Fleet Carriers have player controlled commodity markets which the owner can use to buy and sell goods.
- Fleet Carrier owners can also set tariffs on some of the services they offer to help pay their running costs.
- Fleet Carriers can be customised, similar to regular ships, with items bought with ARX.
> Bug Fixes
- Players will now receive ARX for killing scavengers.
- The Discovery Scanners full system scan SFX no longer triggers in the store.
- Fixed the issue which would cause the damage alarm in Guardian Fighters to get stuck on a loop.
- Fixed the missing sound on a Large AX Multicannon.
- Fixed some missing voice over when requesting to dock.
- The Beluga Liner and Cobra Mk IV can no longer be selected in the Livery unless the player has the Horizons DLC.
- Fixed the “Tail 4” part of the Federal Gunship Ship Kit so that it aligns with the ship.
- Fixed the worn paint on the Diamondback Explorer Ship Kit pieces.
- Fixed the Krait Phantom Thruster that was being obstructed by Ship Kit piece, Tail 1.
- Fixed a crash which could sometimes occur when entering Multicrew.
- Fixed an occasional crash that would happen after the Multicrew report screen.
- Fixed a disconnect issue that could occur when attempting to accept two Multicrew invites.
- Fixed a crash triggered by accessing the Power Play interface while in Hyperspace.
- Fixed a crash that happened when the Role Switch Panel was accessed in CQC.
- Fixed a crash which could occur in the Livery after using a Fighter.
- Visited stars cache data will no longer be lost if the game crashes.
- Fixed an issue which could cause the game to stutter in areas of the galaxy with a high density of stars.
- Improved network performance of NPC Fighters and ships to reduce network lag.
- Fixed a disconnect issue that occurred when attempting to load back into an AX Conflict Zones in close proximity to an Asteroid Belt.
Background Simulation and Galaxy
- Added the Gamescom Prize to rename “Wregoe WF-F d11-30” to “Cheltojo System GC19”.
- Corrected data for HIP83701 to show its population in the Galaxy Map.
- Fixed an issue that caused System Authority ships to be found in Supercruise in anarchy systems.
- Fixed an issue which could cause Conflict Zones to end abruptly.
- Fixed the bug that occasionally wouldn’t register your choice when picking a side.
- Fixed the issue where objectives were missing when dropping into Conflict Zones.
- Fixed the issue where the NPC Crew could stop responding to orders in Anti-Xeno Conflict Zones.
- Fixed a bug which sometimes stopped NPC Fighters being deployed.
- Locations discovered using the DSS will now be listed in the System Map correctly after returning to a system.
- Fixed an issue which could cause discoveries in the Codex to show the wrong image.
- Fixed a problem which could cause Surface Data to generate in the background at such a low priority that it would stop.
- Fixed an issue that occurred when accessing the Codex while in the Shipyard, input would still be passed through causing players to accidentally sell ships.
- Fixed a softlock where it was possible to select two contacts in your Contacts List when using a gamepad and keyboard.
- Fixed an issue that stopped some Multicrew messages from being deleted from the inbox.
- Fixed the issue where occasionally the player could lose access to the Main Menu Chat Panel.
- Added the targeting schematics for Imperial Capital ships.
- Combat Aftermath scenarios now have a variety of ships, not always an Anaconda.
- Agronomic Treatment is now shown under the Chemicals section of the Galaxy Map.
- Fixed an issue where the inbox would incorrectly display 1 unread message even if they had all been read.
- Fixed a bug where players would drop out of Supercruise too close to starports.
- Added the missing text at the Technology Broker unlock screen for the Thargoid Interceptor Bobblehead.
- Fixed an overlapping text issue on the Mission board in Russian.
- System State names now wrap onto a second line to avoid localised text being cut off.
- Fixed localisation of Tourist Beacon text in Portuguese.
- Fixed a grammar issue in Reputation Change inbox message.
- Updated titles for NPCs.
- Fixed an unlocalised “Signals Detected” message that was displayed when scanning bodies.
- Fixed a cut off string in the Kick Player pop-up.
- Added missing text for damaged Megaships in the Navigation Panel.
- Crime Victim Data is now localised in the Player Journal
- Added a fix for Crystalline Clusters falling through the floor.
- Implemented a fix that will stop Core Mining Fragments from penetrating into Asteroids.
- The ‘Total Units Needed’ will now update in the Commodity Market as Collect Missions progress.
- Delivery Mission Cargo is now marked as ‘Mission Specific’ to prevent the Commodity Market showing the commodity as mission required.
- Added a MissionAccepted event in the Player Journal for missions obtained outside of the Mission Board (eg Palin’s mission).
- Corrected some misleading mission text which implied that Retreat Missions would help a Faction leave a system, which was the exact opposite of what was happening. These now indicate that Retreat Missions might prevent a retreat.
- Added depot support to Solo mining missions.
- Fixed the issue which caused the Gunner Role to lose control of Weapon Turrets after entering or exiting a location.
- Fixed an issue which meant subsequent Mulitcrew invites would not work, and would incorrectly show if a player did not have the Horizons DLC.
- Fixed a bug which prevented Conflict Zones spawning ships if a Multicrew player was present.
- Added in a fix for Multicrew players being disconnected after dropping out of Supercruise.
- Increased the chance of players meeting previously encountered players when revisiting systems in a session.
- Players can now block any player, not just friends or pending friends.
New Player Experience
- Players won’t be asked to target an enemy ship if they already have it targeted.
- Fixed the issue which incorrectly told players they were leaving the test area when they weren’t.
- Fixed an issue where System Authority Ships could jump into the combat tutorial.
- Fixed the Intro Tutorial’s Sidewinder sometimes displaying 119/120 cargo capacity.
- Fixed a graphical issue on the tunnel section in the intro tutorial.
- Fixed a bug in the SRV tutorial which could cause the player to get stuck if they land too quickly.
- Fixed a bug where the game didn’t always register when players flew through the first check point.
- Reduced mass of the size 1 Meta Alloy Hull Reinforcement Package.
- Fixed an issue where after applying synthesis on the Advanced Multicannon, the synthesis would be removed when you used the Advanced Maintenance to restock any other Modules (Mines/AFMU etc.).
- Added a fix to stop starport interiors from picking up light from stars.
- Fixed the visible line in the Millky Way.
- Fixed a small graphical error on exterior of the Beluga Liner.
- Fixed an issue on the Viper MK IV which meant the paint work could never be fully repaired.
- Fixed a small graphical error on the exterior of the Orca.
- Added a fix for Squadron applications that were still showing after being accepted/declined.
- Fixed a broken terrain issue at some Thargoid Ruins sites.
- Fixed Thargoid Interceptors not using their special weapons when near a Planet’s Surface.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes stop players being credited correctly for participating in a Thargoid Interceptor kill.
Please note that these Patch Notes are for the Fleet Carriers Update Beta 1, and not reflective of the final Fleet Carriers Update Patch Notes.
On the 23rd September 2019 at 11:47am Frontier announced a small patch to fix a few of the problems occurring in the September release. You can see them below, on the Frontier Forum here,or via the patch notes section, here. There’s also a subsequent post regarding issues players have had whilst using a VPN with the latest release. That can be found here.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when trying to load the game on PlayStation 4
- Fixed issue with players not being able to connect through a VPN
- Fixed soft lock when engineering an item
- Fixed an Xbox One issue that allowed other users to communicate with a player that they are not friends with, when that player has the ‘p=others can communicate with voice, text, or invites’ privilege is set to ‘Friends’
On the 19th February 2019 at 4:03pm Frontier release a small update to fix the crash for consoles that occurred when dropping out of supercruise.
We previously announced that we hoped to release the 3.3.05 patch for consoles on 21 February 2019, however we will be releasing this patch today instead, 20 February 2019!
The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for Xbox One and PS4 at 17:00 (UTC) today for approximately 5 minutes to apply the patch.
This patch will address the crash that can occurring from dropping out of Supercruise (either by choice, or after an interdiction).
Thank you for your understanding!
At 3:06pm on the 19th February 2019 Frontier made a post about the Background Simulation issues which have been causing problems since the launch of Chapter 4.
I just wanted to poke my head in and say that we do recognise that the BGS has a number of issues that we are looking to address. We’re currently in the process of investigating fixes for some of these issues and work is ongoing to return to a state of stability.
More specifically, we are currently looking into:
- The balance between the different activities, for example, how much Influence trade activities provide compared to that of missions.
- Ways we can decrease the number of active conflicts (Wars, Civil Wars, Elections) and the impact conflicts have on the BGS.
- How the BGS trends away from factions being stuck in Civil Liberty and Investment states.
- Finally, we are also investigating player reports that their actions are not resulting in the results they are expecting during a conflict. We’d like to thank you for providing numerous reports on this and any additional examples that you have encountered will provide us more data for our ongoing investigations. Please report them with the following details:
- The system
- The factions involved
- The dates of the conflict
- The actions performed including the name of Commanders performing them
- The expected results
- The actual results
We understand that ongoing issues with the BGS are not ideal, and the impact these issues have on Commanders and factions, and would like also thank you for your patience as we investigate these issues.
We currently do not have an ETA on when these issues will be fixed, but will try to keep you updated on the progress.
On the 19th February at 12:26pm Frontier announced a small but important update to fix a supercruise issue. You can find the post confirming this below or on the official website, here. You can find links to all patch notes here.
The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for PC at 13:00 (UTC) today for approximately 5 minutes to apply the 3.3.05 patch.
This patch will address the crash that can occurring from dropping out of Supercruise (either by choice, or after an interdiction).
We’re aiming to roll out the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 fix for this on 21 Thursday. More information about that when we have it.
Thank you for your understanding!
On the 18th February 2019 at 10:19am Frontier announced the 3.3.04 Patch update. Details of it can be seen below or on the Frontier website, here. You can view all links to updates on the Patch Update section of this website, here.
The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for all platforms at 11:30 AM (UTC) today for approximately 30 minutes as we apply the 3.3.04 patch. Thank you for your patience and we’ll see you in the black!
Please find the patch notes below:
- Fixed an issue where Xbox clients failed to connect to the different comms channels
Updated ‘Classic Context’ control scheme to allow the SRV boost button to work correctly once again, and to remove the conflict between handbrake and cycle fire groups
- Note – we have had to reassign and in some cases remove some shortcuts. The full list of changes are:
- Moved headlights and cargo scoop to the Y/Triangle button and d-pad directions
- Moved open discovery and camera suite to X/Square button and shoulder buttons
- Moved cycle fire group to Y/Triangle and right d-pad
- Removed galaxy map and system map shortcuts (can still be accessed from left hand panel)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when handing in a wing mission
- Fixed crash that could occur when destroying skimmers
- Stopped the ‘System Scan Complete’ message spamming the player
- Removed the ability for players being able to incorrectly jump huge distances when their ship was without fuel
- Fixed some visual artifacts that could occur in Thargoid conflict zones
- Fixed motherlode asteroids not spawning the appropriate material chunks when correctly destroyed by a Wing of players
- Fixed a variety of situations that could cause players to be disconnected whilst playing
At 5:34pm on the 16th January 2019 Frontier posted the details for the patch notes for the 3.3.02 update that will see the servers coming down for approximately one hour from 9:45am (UTC) tomorrow. You can see the patch notes below or on the official website. They will also be linked on the Patch Notes section of this website.
Thank you so much for your feedback since the launch of Elite Dangerous: Beyond – Chapter Four, we’re thrilled to hear that people are enjoying the new features!
We are planning to release the next Elite Dangerous bug-fixing patch (3.3.02) tomorrow (17 January) at 09:45 UTC. We wanted to identify a few issues that the patch will aim to resolve. Please keep in mind that we’ve worked hard to prioritise problems that affect the largest number of players, and we thank you for your patience while we continue to identify further issues and work to fix bugs that may have received fewer reports or are less severe. The below information does not contain the full list, which you can find here.
We have already released server-side fixes for some of the widely-reported problems including game freezes and lockups.
Here are just some of the issues we’ve addressed:
- Numerous fixes for game crashes and freezes.
- Corrected issues where leaving a Conflict Zone and rejoining it could lead to players not being able to choose a side to fight for.
- Increased ship storage to 40 ships per port.
- Ongoing efforts to balance the Background Simulation in regards to the way states impact influence, economy and security.
- And more… which you can find here!
Thanks again for your continued feedback, support and patience. Please keep the bug reports and feedback coming through, as they have been invaluable in creating the smoothest play experience for all.
- Balancing changes to the way that states automatically impact influence, economy, and security (balancing is ongoing)
- Removed archive entries that have neither audio nor text log
- Fixed a bug causing archives to have a blank title and text
- Added archive entries for some crashed ship logs
- Re-implemented ability to use physical keyboards on PS4 to enter text in comms channels without needing to use the software keyboard
- Fixed issue where leaving a Conflict Zone and rejoining it could lead to players not being able to choose a side to fight for
- Stop allowing the same button to be bound to HUD switch and open Galaxy map, which was causing conflicts
- Fixed ‘target my wingman’s target’ binding not working
- Fixed freezes during gameplay
- Fixed a crash that could occur when launching from a port
- Fixed a crash that could happen if player is docked at Cavalieri port in Electra
- Fixed crash that could occur when destroying skimmers
- Fixed crash that could occur whilst docking
- Fixed crash that could occur when opening galaxy or system map
- Fixed crash that could occur when dropping out of hyperspace
- Fixed crash that occur when entering the game
- Fixed a crash that occur when opening FSS mode
- Fixed a crash that could occur when entering CQC
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the codex
- Fixed a crash that could occur whilst fighting in a Thargoid Conflict Zone
Crime and Punishment
- Fixed issue where bounties could be claimed anywhere
- Fixed instances of Notable Stellar Phenomenon not being able to be scanned
- Fixed various biological sites not scanning correctly
- Updated ‘% System Bodies Mapped’ to ‘% System Bodies Discovered’ in the FSS mode for clarity
- Fixed issue that caused planets Lagrange and Alpha Centauri to not be able to be scanned
- Fixed issue where the motion/speed indicators were still visible whilst in FSS mode
- Fixed typo in As One Cooperative Minor Faction name
- Fixed typo in Terminus Syndicate’s description
- Renamed a starport in the Havans starsystem to Anita’s Legacy
- Renamed a starport in the Naren starsystem to Sorcha Abhril
- Renamed a starport in LFT 37 to Vanessa’s Paradise
- Renamed a starsystem to Tisdar’s Retreat
- Override starsystem’s default government label to Dictatorship when its allegiance label is set to Thargoids
- Fixed issue where previous ship name would appear in new ship or deployed SRV
- Fixed various missing strings and corrupted characters in non-English languages in the Codex
- Fixed various typos in the Codex
- Fixed various typos in Squadron screens
- Fixed typo in the ‘shared trade profit’ message when in trading in Wings
- Fixed various pronunciation mistakes in the Codex knowledge base for non-English languages
- Fixed missing UI when mining in a wing
- Fixed issues that caused the seismic charge launcher reticule to not show the correct charge level when selecting a target and charging the weapon
- Fixed UI staying visible after detonation of a motherlode if watched through the vanity camera
- Fixed visual issue where the ship cockpit glass would render on top of the motherlode fog
- Fixed some occurrences where surface deposits couldn’t be mined
- Fixed issue where players couldn’t scoop material chunks with the Python
- Opening the galaxy map from a mission auto centers on the target system
- Fixed ‘Naval Strike’ mission not being able to be completed
- Fixed missing targets for follow up Assassination missions
- Fixed templates for collect mission templates which were able to request items that were not legal at the mission giver’s market.
Allow players without Horizons to purchase the new mining modules in outfitting
- SquadronStartup event
- ProspectedAsteroid event
- ReservoirReplenished event
- Include station info in Location event, if starting when docked
- Status.json: more detail on fuel level
- Status.json: fix GuiFocus value when viewing Codex
- CodexEntry: fix SystemAddress
- Increased ship storage to 40 ships per port
- Stopped shipyard schematics rendering through Codex screens
- Ice planet rocks now generate again
- Fixed an issue where player location would no longer show in friends and private groups.
- Fixed an issue when faction conflict states would sometimes not display on the galaxy map
- Fix list of systems in Thargoid states would appear all on the same line in GalNet
- Fix localisation issues in Engineer progress news article
- Various performance & scalability fixes
- Fix an issue where conflict zones were being placed around the same body too much
- Fixed a date issue with the website’s GalNet news feed
- Added a megaship icon on the Squadrons allegiance screen
- Fixed Squadron bookmark icon alignment issue in galaxy map
- Added icon to show the happiest system in the Faction allegiance screen
- Fixed typo in Dulos system description
- Fixed an issue that could cause the share to squadron option in the galaxy/system to become unresponsive
- Fixed pulse wave scanner effects not rendering correctly
At 12:12pm on the 3rd December 2018 Frontier announced the release date for Beyond: Chapter 4. You can read about it below, or on the official site here. You can get the full lowdown on all of Chapter 4’s contents here. Full patchy notes will be available here on release.
We’re very pleased to announce that Elite Dangerous: Beyond – Chapter Four will be released on… Tuesday 11 December!
his brand new update arrives just in time for the chilly nights of the winter holidays, and while you might be tempted to stay inside where it’s warm and snug, we will be bringing you a variety of features to get you out there… in space!
The Analysis Mode with the improved Exploration Discovery Scanner and Detailed Discovery Scanner, is a game-changing, brand new way for all Commanders to explore the Milky Way galaxy. After the initial scan of the system, you will then be able to tune your scanners to find stellar bodies and other phenomena. Not only is this new system a more realistic, satisfying and engaging exploration experience, but now you will be able to make more informed decisions on where to look next, and you will be more rewarded for your time spent exploring. Commanders will now have probes at their disposal to map the planetary surfaces, and planetary rings, in detail, to locate points of interest and leave your mark on the galaxy in a different way.
Asteroid belts and planetary rings are about to get very busy. New tools and mechanics will provide a fresh, exciting and lucrative mining experience for all Elite Dangerous Commanders. Using new exploration mechanics, miners can investigate rings to locate the best spots to start their mining sessions, and then the best specific asteroids to probe and excavate for rewards. With the right amount of skill and expertise, the new Abrasion blaster, Sub-surface displacement missile, and Seismic charge launcher, will provide some exciting and explosive results.
Squadrons is a new in-game way of uniting like-minded Commanders to support factions of their choice and compete for top spots in seasonal leader boards. New communication tools, including in-game chat channels, will help you blaze trails together, and leave your Squadron’s mark on the galaxy.
…and so much more!
You can check out all of the upcoming changes and additions via the forum threads here:
We can’t wait for you to explore all that awaits you in the fourth chapter of the Beyond series of updates!
Good luck out there, Commander!
Updated: 21st November 2018 @ 12.16am
At 2:05pm on the 20th November 2018 Frontier announced the details for the final part of the Beyond: Chapter 4 Beta. You can see them below or here on the official website. You can read what Frontier have said about Thargoid Conflict Zones, here. Patch notes will appear in this thread once released by Frontier. There will also be a live stream on the 22nd November at 7pm (UTC) to demonstrate the new Thargoid Conflict Zones.
“We’re pleased to announce that the next set of beta content for Beyond – Chapter Four will be Thargoid Conflict Zones and a brand-new Thargoid-attacked Megaship scenario!
“We will bring the beta servers down at 10:00 (UTC) on 21 November. Following the update, the beta server will be live at approximately 11:00 (UTC) on 21 November. There is a chance that this could run over, so we really appreciate your patience. As usual with these updates we’ll keep you as up to date as possible.
“Slightly different to previous beta additions, this Thargoid content will only be available in the Maia system during the Beyond – Chapter Four beta, though it will be available across all modes.
“Alongside this new content (below), you’ll be able to continue testing all of the previous content!
“To take part in the beta, all you’ll need to do is load up the launcher and select (and update) the following product: Elite Dangerous – Horizons – Beta (3.3). Once that has been completed, you’ll then have access to the Beyond – Chapter Four beta. If this hasn’t appeared, please restart your launcher.
“If you’d like information as the beta progresses, you can also subscribe to our Beyond – Chapter Four Beta newsletter by clicking here.
“We can’t wait to hear what you think of the new Thargoid Conflict Zones and Megaship Scenario!”
“The next beta update will also include various bug fixes and improvements. We’ve made some adjustments to mining itself and all of the details will be available in the patch notes published prior to the beta update.”
> Patch Notes
- Incursion state added, along with
- Thargoid Conflict Zone scenario (“AX Conflict Zones”)
- Damaged megaship scenarios
- For the Beta, the Maia system has been manually set to the incursion state, and these scenarios should appear there
- Added a toggle to turn off the profanity filter (under the options tab in the comms panel)
- Updated audio options:
- Default/optimal volume position is now marked, allowing the player to return to default easily
- All sliders (apart from the 3 “master” sliders (sounds, music, voice)) can be boosted as well as cut
- Note: User volume slider positions will be reset to default on this update (this is a one time only reset)
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed incorrect white lights in cockpit
- Added galaxy map filter for the new ‘Civil Liberty’ state
- Added text to indicate the happiest system in the ‘Faction Allegiance’ section in Squadrons
- Added icons to states listed in the System Map
- Pirate attacks and outbreaks will now occur automatically
- Fixed Conflict Zones not always spawning in systems at War
- Fixed misaligned thrusters
- Fixed an issue where a planet that didn’t have a terraformed status set would default to being terraformable (when it shouldn’t be)
- Fixed overlapping text in the Archive section
- Galactic region no longer resets to your location when searching the Discoveries section
- Added ‘Distance Traveled in an SRV’ stat
- Narration added for “Individuals” knowledgebase articles
- Increased the volume of the background chatter in Conflict Zones
- Increased the chat spam limit from 3 to 5 (fixes some Voice Attack issues)
- Fixed issue that caused chat messages not to be delivered when the recipient was on main menu
- The binding for entering the vanity cam in ship and SRV can now be bound to the same button
- Increased the volume of ‘Jefferson’
- Fixed a crash that could occur when leaving a Resource Extraction Site
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using the Subsurface Displacement missile
- Fixed a crash that could occur when jumping to another system
- Fixed crash that could occur when opening the Codex
- Fixed that could occur when entering a Conflict Zone
- Fixed a crash that could occur when players ship is destroyed
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using the Pulse Wave Analyser
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using the Prospector Limpet
- Fixed a crash that could occur when switching ships
- Fixed a crash that could occur when in the FSS mode
- Fixed holo-me being incorrectly selectable from the SRV, leading to a softlock
- Fixed a crash that could occur when switching between 3D modes
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the Codex after a recent discovery
- Fixed a crash that could occur when selling Exploration Data
- Fixed instances of “authentication server” disconnections from mission servers
Crime & Punishment
- Added clarification to the bounty transaction details, to explain the implications of the Kill Warrant Scanner
- Fixed reversed decal slots on Cobra Mk.III and Imperial Cutter
- The Detailed Surface Scanner will now auto hide in the fire groups HUD while in normal space
- Fixed an audio issue that could cause the scanning sound to get stuck and loop
- Fixed an issue which meant players couldn’t buy exploration data when docked at a port
- Stopped the ship voice line from needlessly repeating when the system has been fully scanned
- Fixed an issue where the info panel would not update to show a planets signals while in the DSS mode
- Fixed an issue that was preventing players from firing probes a rings around stars (the star itself can still not be probed, which is intended behaviour)
- Bodies now appear when using the FSS mode in non-Horizon versions of the game
- Increased the sensitivity range on the FSS movement controls
- Added sensitivity control to the spectrum analysis bar
- FSS mouse binding now no longer gives a ‘roll’ option
- Scanning a nav beacon now returns full system data (ring details were missing)
- Fixed issue that could cause ‘false’ signals to appear that couldn’t be resolved
- The threat level of a USS is now displayed when zoomed in on it
- The system map now indicates if the planet has been mapped or not
- Added message when a body is passively scanned
- Fixed an issue that was causing some bodies to appear on the system map, but were unable to be discovered using the FSS mode
- Fixed impossible to meet efficiency targets
- Info panel now has 2 lines to display messages on
- Fixed some Thargoid signal sources being identified as Guardian
- Fixed visual issues on fitted ship kit when using a paint job
Friends and Private Groups
- Fixed a hang that could occur when browsing a very large group
- Fixed issue where dropping out at ports in asteroid clusters wasn’t dropping the player near it
- Fixed an issue that meant certain Port contacts were erroneously appearing
- Fixed issue where Thargoid probes weren’t spawning correctly
- Fixed issue where the left hand panel would become unresponsive when return to the players ship from an SRV
- Fixed missing leading reticle for the Flechette launcher
- Fixed issue that could lead to the left hand panel becoming unresponsive
- Fixed some graphical issues on the avatar portrait
- Reduced brightness in galaxy map
- ‘Search’ wasn’t translated in the Friends and Private Groups menu
- Fixed various typos
- Fixed incorrect text on ‘Galactic Powers’ button on the home tab
- Fixed truncated text on the ‘Galactic Powers’ button in German
- Added translations for Detailed Surface Scanner options
- Replaced placeholder text with actual text in Fine description
- Fixed thrusters not changing colour when applying engine colours
- Fixed misaligned vanity preview cameras
- Balance pass on boost, speed, and pitch and roll rates
- Should now dissipate heat quicker (in line with the FDL)
- Added information on what is inside a motherlode asteroid to the data returned by the prospector limpet
- Added extra detail to the Subsurface Displacement Missiles outfitting description, to explain the pull and hold trigger feature
- Fixed graphical issue after using a Displacement Missile
- NPC ships now use their mining lasers once again
- Fixed missing targets, UI and feedback when a multicrew member joins after a prospector limpet has been used
- Added extra feedback icons to the areas that represent the different yield ranges when attempting to crack an asteroid apart
- Tweaked the pulse wave analyser results to be less broad and more focused at range
- Added new, high value materials to the motherlode asteroids (free floating materials and new surface deposits, which are found after cracking the asteroid open)
- Increased the ammo capacity of the new mining tools
- Stopped depleted asteroids from appearing gold when scanned with the Pulse Wave Analyser
- Removed restriction on in space collect missions, to allow players to take them even if their ships cargo hold is below the amount needed (they will use the Cargo Depot feature)
- Fixed the target panel for the gunner role
- Fixed issue where select the view report button didn’t take players directly to the screen
- Fixed incorrect planetary ring orientation
- Updated the refinery text to change the refernce of “Mining Laser” to “Mining Tools”
- Fixed duplicate scan events
- Fixed some wing mission cargo reported as stolen
- FSSSignalDiscovered: add USSType info (§6.6)
- Add new FSSAllBodiesFound event (§6.4)
- Scan events generated automatically when entering system now logged as “ScanType”:”AutoScan” (§6.3)
- Add new event MultiSellExplorationData (§6.10)
- Faction info in Location/FSDJump: if it’s the player’s squadron faction, add SquadronFaction:true, and flags HappiestSystem:true or HomeSystem:true if relevant (§4.8)
- Fixed high res screen shot feature when zoomed into a body in FSS
- Fixed some Z-fighting found at Platers’s Tyranny port
- Fixed some flickering on glass materials in stations
- Make the light diffusion through volumetrics similar in appearance across graphics settings.
- Cockpit geometry occludes ship schematics now
- Fixed some jittering in ring fog
- Fixed for brightness of mining related volumetric effects when in shadow of planet
- Fixed rendering of glass material behind fog in stations
Ship Name Plates
- Text size is now affected when using leading and/or trailing spaces
- Randomised the results when browsing
- Added a new ‘Mentor’ activity tag
- Fixed issue where players could not use the gamepad to select a member to hand over the Squadron to
- The members list now defaults to sorting by rank (high – low)
- Shortened the invite text to solve truncated text
- Tags can now be edited after the Squadron has been created
- Fixed the Squadron feed tab being incorrectly reset upon ship destruction
- Players can now transfer ownership to players that are not currently online
- Faction alligence page now uses current state rather than pending state
- After a player is promoted/demoted, permissions are now granted/taken away immediately
- Tags can now be used to filter Squadron results
- Fixed a transaction server error when sharing a starport or settlement bookmark
- Fixed a bug preventing some pre-registered squadrons from changing their faction affiliation
- Fixed exploration data and CQC results not always being added to the squadron leaderboards
- Corrected the orbit of the moon around Earth
- Stopped the ship cockpit UI rendering through the pilots chair
- Ensured the ring scan effect (and hotspots) are correctly occluded by the planet geometry in both eyes.
- Fixed issue that causes the camera to clip through the pilots body more than usual