At 2:27pm on the 18th October 2017 Frontier announced a PS4 update only to fix some texturing issues which have been causing problems. You can find the patch notes added to the Elite: Dangerous Current Features page.
“Just to let you all know that we’re performing an update today to apply a fix for an issue where textures would sometimes display at lower resolutions than intended on PlayStation 4. This will begin from 15:00 BST. Downtime is expected to last around 10-15 minutes.”
At 10:32am on the 11th October 2017 Frontier announced an update to the 2.4 release. You can see them below or on the official site, here. The details have also been added to the Elite: Dangerous Current Features page.
- Fixed ship prices sometimes not being returned from /shipyard
- Implemented a fix to stop factions trying to invade during an expansion when they already had a conflict pending
- Fixed the “Switch” button on the fighter orders menu not disabling when the cockpit canopy is breached
General Fixes & Tweaks
- Updated some translations
- Removed the ability to Undo / Redo while a player is not on the top level of a tab in the Holo-Me creator to prevent a store exploit
- Fixed an issue whereby all Barnacles in a system would appear in the Navigation Panel after scanning just one
- Fixed the Vent button for the refinery failing to do anything with the hopper
- Fixed Engineer invite missions not spawning in certain systems
- Fixed some incorrect text strings that appeared in certain Assassination mission inbox messages
- Fixed an issue where only massacre missions were spawning instead of rank missions
- Ensured that Salvage missions contribute to the Exploration career
- Fixed an issue that led to Thargoids flagging up as allied in certain cases
- Fixed an issue where previewed decals could remain on the ship after exiting the livery section
- Fixed an issue with control characters remaining in the ReceiveText of a journal message
- Fixed the motion effects appearing fainter than they should be when flying through space
- Fixed Thargoid encounter UI statistics
- Fixed some stored ships being unavailable through shipyard
- Fixed an issue with the Docking Computer being unable to dock
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when at Resource Extraction Sites
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur if the player disconnected while loading in to a Multi-Crew session
- We now update a Commander’s subscribed to community goal data in the Transactions tab every ten minutes, allowing players to keep track of the results on the fly
- Fixed the missing lens flares on plasma accelerator shots
At 10:36am on the 3rd September 2017 Frontier announced the release of the 2.4.02 patch. The details can be seen below or on the Frontier website. This website has a link to all patch notes by clicking here. At the time you’re reading this, the servers are back up.
“The updates will go live to PS4 and Xbox One at a later date (I’ll confirm the date ASAP) – the console versions of the game will not be affected by this downtime.”
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed the air traffic controller work assignments so they no longer appear to be working where they shouldn’t
General Fixes & Tweaks
- Removed some placeholder text for the Cyber Lips tattoo
- Fixed issue whereby mining missions could be turned in for profit without leaving station
- Reverted the reward for the Dead Missions to 10 million after it erroneously changed back to 100 million
- Prevented planetary scan sites from spawning in the same location
- Rebalanced passenger missions to be much more in line with other mission types
- Rebalanced distance from star reward elements
- Increased chance of skimmers on planetary scan missions
- Fixed an issue with rank mission and permit spawning
- Fixed incorrect mission (incredibly high) credit rewards and expiry times
- After reviewing overall player experiences since 2.4, we’ve adjusted the number of missions the servers attempt to send for each board or passenger lounge
- Fixed an issue where after an interdiction, the Thargoid did not move or interact with players until taking damage
- Fixed an issue whereby a ship’s shield appeared to still be active during the Thargoid shutdown wave
- Fixed an issue whereby Thargoids were not attacking the player if they were carrying Thargoid parts in their cargo hold
- We no longer write to the journal when in Training Missions
- Fixed player name in Journal text message report
- Speculative fix for texture resolution problems
- Fixed Companion API authentication problems
- Fixed an error in ship rebuy cost after committing a murder crime against another player
- Reminded the Engineers how to speak Portuguese
- Hid hidden factions from the summary local news report
- Fixed various transaction server errors
- Decals on the Beluga Liner have been made less reflective
- Fixed some incorrect preview thumbnails/names for Beluga Expedition Paint Jobs
- Fixed the SRV’s emergency oxygen supply not activating when the life support module is disabled (i.e. running out of fuel)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when Thargoids fired their missiles
- Implemented a fix for some players getting stuck loading the Galactic Politics panel
- Fixed a crash that could occur when in Supercruise
- Fixed a crash that could occur when accepting missions
- Fixed a crash that could occur at the Thargoid Barnacle encounters
- Fixed a crash that could occur as a Thargoid dies while a heart is exerted
- Fixed a crash that could occur when fighting a Thargoid
- Fixed a crash that could occur when at a surface port
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to open station services in the docking challenge scenario
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a player jumped to hyperspace
Stations and Outposts
- Fixed several visual issues with the Coriolis stations
- Increased the current no fire zones around Stations and Outposts from 6km to 8km
Weapons & Modules
- Increased the module health of the heat sink launcher and shutdown field neutraliser, from 20 & 20 -> 45 & 35 respectively
- Reduced the ArmourPiercing value of Anti-Xeno Dumbfire Missiles from .05 to .001
- Fixed an issue with the docking computer to prevent it scraping large ships when entering a station
- Raised the Anti-Xeno turret base to allow for a clearer field of fire
- Thargoid weapons are now completely immune to chaff (or any other form of weapon confusion)
- Fixed an issue whereby wing members were sometimes getting multiple copies of combat bonds from destroying Thargoids
- Fixed a bug where users were not being offered the features they had bought while signed in on an Xbox other than their home Xbox
At 7:41pm on the 27th September Frontier released a small update to the 2.4: The Return release. You can see the details below, or here on the official site. The PS4 version patch will be appearing soon.
- Fix for a hull reinforcement package incorrectly providing caustic resistance
- Fixed some incorrect preview thumbnails and names for the Beluga Expedition Paint Jobs
- Fixed an issue that was causing players to disconnect when attempting to load into game near a station
As of 6:29pm The Return is available on all platforms to download and play.
Frontier have commented on the server downtime before the release of 2.4: The Return.
“We hope you’re just as excited as we are for the launch of The Return 2.4 tomorrow (26/09/17), and we can’t wait for you to be in direct contact with the Thargoids in-game for the first time. As we’ve mentioned before, The Return 2.4 will unfold in a different way to previous updates, with the narrative and content releasing over the coming months.
“Due to the narrative and secretive nature of the update, we won’t be hosting a stream during the downtime tomorrow. We want you to experience the content for yourselves, so instead we are planning a Thargoid stream for this coming Thursday with our scientific community. There will also be a competition during the downtime that will get you sharpening up your combat skills – look on our social media channels and here on the forum for more information about that competition and how you can get involved.
“We expect the galaxy servers to be down from 9AM BST for approximately 9 hours +. There is a chance that this could run over, so we really appreciate your patience. As usual with these updates we’ll keep you as up to date as possible… I’ll post the changelogs here, and add update information to the thread as it comes in.
“Keep an eye on our social media channels. too for regular updates on the server status. We will try to respond to as many queries as possible, but we will give everyone advanced notice for when the servers come back online, and social media is your best bet for knowing when the servers are back up and running.”
Patch notes and any other information will appear on this blog when available.
The release date for 2.4: The Return will be the 26th September 2017. The official cinematic release trailer, ‘Commander Chronicles: Retaliation’ can be seen below.
You can read the preview here. You can watch Frontier’s Thargoid Lore stream containing this video, some Thargoid history and some brief details about what to expect for 2.5 and onwards, here.