On Saturday the 9th June 2018 Frontier attended the annual Lavecon meet and showcased some features coming in the Beyond Quarter 4 updates, as well as some things coming in the soon to be released Quarter 2 update.
Over the weekend Lavecon 2017 took place and a few new bits of information were released about updates coming in the evolving 2.4 release. Thanks to Christian M over on Reddit for writing this up and saving me the time (which I don’t have just now!) Most notably there will be improvement/changes to the following:
- ‘A suite of weapons, modules and devices’ that will be used against the Thargoids:
- Repair limpets for hull (to be used on yourself or other ships):
- UI improvements for the inbox:
- New synthesis recipes, including Limpet synthesis.
- Improvements to salvageable wreckage and occupied cryopods:
Changes to Crime & Punishment:
- Fix for Sidewinder exploit (when you do crimes in larger ships, switch to a Sidewinder and die in order to avoid a large rebuy and removing bounties on your head). So the game will look at the most expensive rebuy cost for the ship that was used during the crimes you committed, and it will add that rebuy cost as an additional penalty.
- Federation bounties – If you attack a Player (not NPC) you also get a Pilots Federation Bounty, in addition to any normal bounty, which is valued everywhere.
- Pay-off rebuy costs and fines with other ships – wherever you have them.