Updated: 7th April at 10:05pm
The Beta for Fleet Carriers is now live and will run until the 20th April 2020. The Beta patch notes can be found below, ir on the Frontier website. You can participate in the Fleet Carriers Beta feedback by visiting the Frontier forum, here.
For additional information, please check the following:
- Guide – Participating in the Beta
- Guide – Reporting a Bug
- Guide – Testing Guidelines
- Focused Feedback – Fleet Carrier Owners
- Focused Feedback – Fleet Carrier Visitors
> New Features
- Fleet Carriers are massive ships used as a mobile base of operations, offering multiple landing pads and various services.
- Fleet Carriers cost 5 billion credits.
- Players can purchase a Fleet Carrier from starports with a Carrier Vendor contact.
- Fleet Carriers come with 16 landing pads, 8 large, 4 medium and 4 small.
- Fleet Carrier owners can manage docking permissions to determine who can land on their Fleet Carrier.
- Fleet Carriers can jump up to 500ly.
- Fleet Carriers use the new commodity, Tritium, to perform a jump.
- Owners can install a variety of services on a Fleet Carrier to support their play style.
- Fleet Carriers have a weekly upkeep cost which must be maintained to keep the carrier running.
- Fleet Carriers have player controlled commodity markets which the owner can use to buy and sell goods.
- Fleet Carrier owners can also set tariffs on some of the services they offer to help pay their running costs.
- Fleet Carriers can be customised, similar to regular ships, with items bought with ARX.
> Bug Fixes
- Players will now receive ARX for killing scavengers.
- The Discovery Scanners full system scan SFX no longer triggers in the store.
- Fixed the issue which would cause the damage alarm in Guardian Fighters to get stuck on a loop.
- Fixed the missing sound on a Large AX Multicannon.
- Fixed some missing voice over when requesting to dock.
- The Beluga Liner and Cobra Mk IV can no longer be selected in the Livery unless the player has the Horizons DLC.
- Fixed the “Tail 4” part of the Federal Gunship Ship Kit so that it aligns with the ship.
- Fixed the worn paint on the Diamondback Explorer Ship Kit pieces.
- Fixed the Krait Phantom Thruster that was being obstructed by Ship Kit piece, Tail 1.
- Fixed a crash which could sometimes occur when entering Multicrew.
- Fixed an occasional crash that would happen after the Multicrew report screen.
- Fixed a disconnect issue that could occur when attempting to accept two Multicrew invites.
- Fixed a crash triggered by accessing the Power Play interface while in Hyperspace.
- Fixed a crash that happened when the Role Switch Panel was accessed in CQC.
- Fixed a crash which could occur in the Livery after using a Fighter.
- Visited stars cache data will no longer be lost if the game crashes.
- Fixed an issue which could cause the game to stutter in areas of the galaxy with a high density of stars.
- Improved network performance of NPC Fighters and ships to reduce network lag.
- Fixed a disconnect issue that occurred when attempting to load back into an AX Conflict Zones in close proximity to an Asteroid Belt.
Background Simulation and Galaxy
- Added the Gamescom Prize to rename “Wregoe WF-F d11-30” to “Cheltojo System GC19”.
- Corrected data for HIP83701 to show its population in the Galaxy Map.
- Fixed an issue that caused System Authority ships to be found in Supercruise in anarchy systems.
- Fixed an issue which could cause Conflict Zones to end abruptly.
- Fixed the bug that occasionally wouldn’t register your choice when picking a side.
- Fixed the issue where objectives were missing when dropping into Conflict Zones.
- Fixed the issue where the NPC Crew could stop responding to orders in Anti-Xeno Conflict Zones.
- Fixed a bug which sometimes stopped NPC Fighters being deployed.
- Locations discovered using the DSS will now be listed in the System Map correctly after returning to a system.
- Fixed an issue which could cause discoveries in the Codex to show the wrong image.
- Fixed a problem which could cause Surface Data to generate in the background at such a low priority that it would stop.
- Fixed an issue that occurred when accessing the Codex while in the Shipyard, input would still be passed through causing players to accidentally sell ships.
- Fixed a softlock where it was possible to select two contacts in your Contacts List when using a gamepad and keyboard.
- Fixed an issue that stopped some Multicrew messages from being deleted from the inbox.
- Fixed the issue where occasionally the player could lose access to the Main Menu Chat Panel.
- Added the targeting schematics for Imperial Capital ships.
- Combat Aftermath scenarios now have a variety of ships, not always an Anaconda.
- Agronomic Treatment is now shown under the Chemicals section of the Galaxy Map.
- Fixed an issue where the inbox would incorrectly display 1 unread message even if they had all been read.
- Fixed a bug where players would drop out of Supercruise too close to starports.
- Added the missing text at the Technology Broker unlock screen for the Thargoid Interceptor Bobblehead.
- Fixed an overlapping text issue on the Mission board in Russian.
- System State names now wrap onto a second line to avoid localised text being cut off.
- Fixed localisation of Tourist Beacon text in Portuguese.
- Fixed a grammar issue in Reputation Change inbox message.
- Updated titles for NPCs.
- Fixed an unlocalised “Signals Detected” message that was displayed when scanning bodies.
- Fixed a cut off string in the Kick Player pop-up.
- Added missing text for damaged Megaships in the Navigation Panel.
- Crime Victim Data is now localised in the Player Journal
- Added a fix for Crystalline Clusters falling through the floor.
- Implemented a fix that will stop Core Mining Fragments from penetrating into Asteroids.
- The ‘Total Units Needed’ will now update in the Commodity Market as Collect Missions progress.
- Delivery Mission Cargo is now marked as ‘Mission Specific’ to prevent the Commodity Market showing the commodity as mission required.
- Added a MissionAccepted event in the Player Journal for missions obtained outside of the Mission Board (eg Palin’s mission).
- Corrected some misleading mission text which implied that Retreat Missions would help a Faction leave a system, which was the exact opposite of what was happening. These now indicate that Retreat Missions might prevent a retreat.
- Added depot support to Solo mining missions.
- Fixed the issue which caused the Gunner Role to lose control of Weapon Turrets after entering or exiting a location.
- Fixed an issue which meant subsequent Mulitcrew invites would not work, and would incorrectly show if a player did not have the Horizons DLC.
- Fixed a bug which prevented Conflict Zones spawning ships if a Multicrew player was present.
- Added in a fix for Multicrew players being disconnected after dropping out of Supercruise.
- Increased the chance of players meeting previously encountered players when revisiting systems in a session.
- Players can now block any player, not just friends or pending friends.
New Player Experience
- Players won’t be asked to target an enemy ship if they already have it targeted.
- Fixed the issue which incorrectly told players they were leaving the test area when they weren’t.
- Fixed an issue where System Authority Ships could jump into the combat tutorial.
- Fixed the Intro Tutorial’s Sidewinder sometimes displaying 119/120 cargo capacity.
- Fixed a graphical issue on the tunnel section in the intro tutorial.
- Fixed a bug in the SRV tutorial which could cause the player to get stuck if they land too quickly.
- Fixed a bug where the game didn’t always register when players flew through the first check point.
- Reduced mass of the size 1 Meta Alloy Hull Reinforcement Package.
- Fixed an issue where after applying synthesis on the Advanced Multicannon, the synthesis would be removed when you used the Advanced Maintenance to restock any other Modules (Mines/AFMU etc.).
- Added a fix to stop starport interiors from picking up light from stars.
- Fixed the visible line in the Millky Way.
- Fixed a small graphical error on exterior of the Beluga Liner.
- Fixed an issue on the Viper MK IV which meant the paint work could never be fully repaired.
- Fixed a small graphical error on the exterior of the Orca.
- Added a fix for Squadron applications that were still showing after being accepted/declined.
- Fixed a broken terrain issue at some Thargoid Ruins sites.
- Fixed Thargoid Interceptors not using their special weapons when near a Planet’s Surface.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes stop players being credited correctly for participating in a Thargoid Interceptor kill.
Please note that these Patch Notes are for the Fleet Carriers Update Beta 1, and not reflective of the final Fleet Carriers Update Patch Notes.