“2.4.09 is now live… the downtime is expected to be 15 minutes, or maybe slightly longer for those on PS4.
“On PS4 this update will appear as 1.13. We are looking in to getting these numbers to match in future, in order to avoid confusion. Thanks!
“The update contains a number of bug fixes.
At 11.30am on the 30th November 2017 Frontier released an update in the form of patch 2.4.08. The details can be seen below or here on the official site. A link to all updates can be found on this site, here.
“Greetings commanders, we have 2.4.08 on the way today for you! This update will cover all platforms and will have about 10 minutes of downtime while you download the update, and us updating the servers.
“The contents of the update is as follows…”
- Fixed an issue with the AX Fighter’s statistics that rendered it more effective than intended against human targets
- Aegis has arranged for the new AX variant of the popular Taipan fighter to be available at independent stations across the galaxy
- Fixed an issue with misaligned Paintjobs for the Keelback.
- Fix for inability to send comms messages in normal space when using T.Flight Hotas One.
- Fix for the T.Flight Hotas One Xbox button putting the ship in full reverse.
At 11:58am on the 9th November 2017 Frontier announced a patch update to address Xbox One and PS4 performance issues. You can see the notes below, on the official website here, or here on this website.
The Xbox One and PS4 performance and quality Options patch for Xbox One and PS4 will be live from midday (GMT) today. We expect a very short downtime, to only affect Xbox and PS4 players.
Fix for Performance/Quality option not behaving as intended on PS4 Pro
Fix for Performance/Quality option not behaving as intended on Xbox One X
Released on the 6th November for Xbox, this patch update adds support for XBox One X. You can see the short patch notes below or on the official forum, here. Alternatively find it on this blog’s page here.
You can read Frontier’s official comment about Xbox One X support here.
New in 2.4.06
- Xbox One X support.
Xbox One X features
- Quality/Performance options.
- 1080p/4k resolution options.
At 2:27pm on the 18th October 2017 Frontier announced a PS4 update only to fix some texturing issues which have been causing problems. You can find the patch notes added to the Elite: Dangerous Current Features page.
“Just to let you all know that we’re performing an update today to apply a fix for an issue where textures would sometimes display at lower resolutions than intended on PlayStation 4. This will begin from 15:00 BST. Downtime is expected to last around 10-15 minutes.”
At 10:32am on the 11th October 2017 Frontier announced an update to the 2.4 release. You can see them below or on the official site, here. The details have also been added to the Elite: Dangerous Current Features page.
- Fixed ship prices sometimes not being returned from /shipyard
- Implemented a fix to stop factions trying to invade during an expansion when they already had a conflict pending
- Fixed the “Switch” button on the fighter orders menu not disabling when the cockpit canopy is breached
General Fixes & Tweaks
- Updated some translations
- Removed the ability to Undo / Redo while a player is not on the top level of a tab in the Holo-Me creator to prevent a store exploit
- Fixed an issue whereby all Barnacles in a system would appear in the Navigation Panel after scanning just one
- Fixed the Vent button for the refinery failing to do anything with the hopper
- Fixed Engineer invite missions not spawning in certain systems
- Fixed some incorrect text strings that appeared in certain Assassination mission inbox messages
- Fixed an issue where only massacre missions were spawning instead of rank missions
- Ensured that Salvage missions contribute to the Exploration career
- Fixed an issue that led to Thargoids flagging up as allied in certain cases
- Fixed an issue where previewed decals could remain on the ship after exiting the livery section
- Fixed an issue with control characters remaining in the ReceiveText of a journal message
- Fixed the motion effects appearing fainter than they should be when flying through space
- Fixed Thargoid encounter UI statistics
- Fixed some stored ships being unavailable through shipyard
- Fixed an issue with the Docking Computer being unable to dock
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when at Resource Extraction Sites
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur if the player disconnected while loading in to a Multi-Crew session
- We now update a Commander’s subscribed to community goal data in the Transactions tab every ten minutes, allowing players to keep track of the results on the fly
- Fixed the missing lens flares on plasma accelerator shots
At 7:41pm on the 27th September Frontier released a small update to the 2.4: The Return release. You can see the details below, or here on the official site. The PS4 version patch will be appearing soon.
- Fix for a hull reinforcement package incorrectly providing caustic resistance
- Fixed some incorrect preview thumbnails and names for the Beluga Expedition Paint Jobs
- Fixed an issue that was causing players to disconnect when attempting to load into game near a station