“2.4.09 is now live… the downtime is expected to be 15 minutes, or maybe slightly longer for those on PS4.
“On PS4 this update will appear as 1.13. We are looking in to getting these numbers to match in future, in order to avoid confusion. Thanks!
“The update contains a number of bug fixes.
At 11.30am on the 30th November 2017 Frontier released an update in the form of patch 2.4.08. The details can be seen below or here on the official site. A link to all updates can be found on this site, here.
“Greetings commanders, we have 2.4.08 on the way today for you! This update will cover all platforms and will have about 10 minutes of downtime while you download the update, and us updating the servers.
“The contents of the update is as follows…”
- Fixed an issue with the AX Fighter’s statistics that rendered it more effective than intended against human targets
- Aegis has arranged for the new AX variant of the popular Taipan fighter to be available at independent stations across the galaxy
- Fixed an issue with misaligned Paintjobs for the Keelback.
- Fix for inability to send comms messages in normal space when using T.Flight Hotas One.
- Fix for the T.Flight Hotas One Xbox button putting the ship in full reverse.
At 11:58am on the 9th November 2017 Frontier announced a patch update to address Xbox One and PS4 performance issues. You can see the notes below, on the official website here, or here on this website.
The Xbox One and PS4 performance and quality Options patch for Xbox One and PS4 will be live from midday (GMT) today. We expect a very short downtime, to only affect Xbox and PS4 players.
Fix for Performance/Quality option not behaving as intended on PS4 Pro
Fix for Performance/Quality option not behaving as intended on Xbox One X
Released on the 6th November for Xbox, this patch update adds support for XBox One X. You can see the short patch notes below or on the official forum, here. Alternatively find it on this blog’s page here.
You can read Frontier’s official comment about Xbox One X support here.
New in 2.4.06
- Xbox One X support.
Xbox One X features
- Quality/Performance options.
- 1080p/4k resolution options.
At 2:27pm on the 18th October 2017 Frontier announced a PS4 update only to fix some texturing issues which have been causing problems. You can find the patch notes added to the Elite: Dangerous Current Features page.
“Just to let you all know that we’re performing an update today to apply a fix for an issue where textures would sometimes display at lower resolutions than intended on PlayStation 4. This will begin from 15:00 BST. Downtime is expected to last around 10-15 minutes.”
At 10:32am on the 11th October 2017 Frontier announced an update to the 2.4 release. You can see them below or on the official site, here. The details have also been added to the Elite: Dangerous Current Features page.
- Fixed ship prices sometimes not being returned from /shipyard
- Implemented a fix to stop factions trying to invade during an expansion when they already had a conflict pending
- Fixed the “Switch” button on the fighter orders menu not disabling when the cockpit canopy is breached
General Fixes & Tweaks
- Updated some translations
- Removed the ability to Undo / Redo while a player is not on the top level of a tab in the Holo-Me creator to prevent a store exploit
- Fixed an issue whereby all Barnacles in a system would appear in the Navigation Panel after scanning just one
- Fixed the Vent button for the refinery failing to do anything with the hopper
- Fixed Engineer invite missions not spawning in certain systems
- Fixed some incorrect text strings that appeared in certain Assassination mission inbox messages
- Fixed an issue where only massacre missions were spawning instead of rank missions
- Ensured that Salvage missions contribute to the Exploration career
- Fixed an issue that led to Thargoids flagging up as allied in certain cases
- Fixed an issue where previewed decals could remain on the ship after exiting the livery section
- Fixed an issue with control characters remaining in the ReceiveText of a journal message
- Fixed the motion effects appearing fainter than they should be when flying through space
- Fixed Thargoid encounter UI statistics
- Fixed some stored ships being unavailable through shipyard
- Fixed an issue with the Docking Computer being unable to dock
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when at Resource Extraction Sites
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur if the player disconnected while loading in to a Multi-Crew session
- We now update a Commander’s subscribed to community goal data in the Transactions tab every ten minutes, allowing players to keep track of the results on the fly
- Fixed the missing lens flares on plasma accelerator shots
At 10:36am on the 3rd September 2017 Frontier announced the release of the 2.4.02 patch. The details can be seen below or on the Frontier website. This website has a link to all patch notes by clicking here. At the time you’re reading this, the servers are back up.
“The updates will go live to PS4 and Xbox One at a later date (I’ll confirm the date ASAP) – the console versions of the game will not be affected by this downtime.”
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed the air traffic controller work assignments so they no longer appear to be working where they shouldn’t
General Fixes & Tweaks
- General text fixes
- Removed some placeholder text for the Cyber Lips tattoo
- Fixed issue whereby mining missions could be turned in for profit without leaving station
- Reverted the reward for the Dead Missions to 10 million after it erroneously changed back to 100 million
- Prevented planetary scan sites from spawning in the same location
- Rebalanced passenger missions to be much more in line with other mission types
- Rebalanced distance from star reward elements
- Increased chance of skimmers on planetary scan missions
- Fixed an issue with rank mission and permit spawning
- Fixed incorrect mission (incredibly high) credit rewards and expiry times
- After reviewing overall player experiences since 2.4, we’ve adjusted the number of missions the servers attempt to send for each board or passenger lounge
- Fixed an issue where after an interdiction, the Thargoid did not move or interact with players until taking damage
- Fixed an issue whereby a ship’s shield appeared to still be active during the Thargoid shutdown wave
- Fixed an issue whereby Thargoids were not attacking the player if they were carrying Thargoid parts in their cargo hold
- We no longer write to the journal when in Training Missions
- Fixed player name in Journal text message report
- Speculative fix for texture resolution problems
- Fixed Companion API authentication problems
- Fixed an error in ship rebuy cost after committing a murder crime against another player
- Reminded the Engineers how to speak Portuguese
- Hid hidden factions from the summary local news report
- Fixed various transaction server errors
- Decals on the Beluga Liner have been made less reflective
- Fixed some incorrect preview thumbnails/names for Beluga Expedition Paint Jobs
- Fixed the SRV’s emergency oxygen supply not activating when the life support module is disabled (i.e. running out of fuel)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when Thargoids fired their missiles
- Implemented a fix for some players getting stuck loading the Galactic Politics panel
- Fixed a crash that could occur when in Supercruise
- Fixed a crash that could occur when accepting missions
- Fixed a crash that could occur at the Thargoid Barnacle encounters
- Fixed a crash that could occur as a Thargoid dies while a heart is exerted
- Fixed a crash that could occur when fighting a Thargoid
- Fixed a crash that could occur when at a surface port
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to open station services in the docking challenge scenario
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a player jumped to hyperspace
Stations and Outposts
- Fixed several visual issues with the Coriolis stations
- Increased the current no fire zones around Stations and Outposts from 6km to 8km
Weapons & Modules
- Increased the module health of the heat sink launcher and shutdown field neutraliser, from 20 & 20 -> 45 & 35 respectively
- Reduced the ArmourPiercing value of Anti-Xeno Dumbfire Missiles from .05 to .001
- Fixed an issue with the docking computer to prevent it scraping large ships when entering a station
- Raised the Anti-Xeno turret base to allow for a clearer field of fire
- Thargoid weapons are now completely immune to chaff (or any other form of weapon confusion)
- Fixed an issue whereby wing members were sometimes getting multiple copies of combat bonds from destroying Thargoids
- Fixed a bug where users were not being offered the features they had bought while signed in on an Xbox other than their home Xbox