Note: Date for Squadrons has been changed by Frontier to the 8th May.
On the 2nd May 2018 Frontier announced that the Focused Feedback Forums would be re-appearing for various topics. You can see the post here, or below. Links
“While we’re hard at work on the next update for Elite Dangerous Beyond 3.1, we wanted to share our plans for the Focused Feedback Forum, and when you’ll see particular topics come up for discussion.
“The Focused Feedback Forum, for those who don’t know, is an area of the forum where we describe and explain our concepts for future features coming as part of Elite Dangerous Beyond. When the forum post goes live, we then welcome constructive and focused feedback from our community on each topic. Previous Focused Feedback Forum discussions have proven to be extremely useful for development, so we wanted to get things going as soon as possible in order to best consider your suggestions.
“We’d like to thank you again for all of your feedback across social media, the forums and direct messages. Although the Focused Feedback Forums give us a place to focus on specific topics, we still pass on every suggestion and comment to the development team for consideration.
“It’s important to note that the following list and dates are not final, and we have to allow for some flexibility. You may also see other topics pop up in addition to those listed below, we will keep you up to date when or if we’re adding any more discussion topics. Please note that the topics will overlap (as you can clearly see below) – this allows us to keep the discussion topics open for as long as possible, and gather as much information as we need. The main topic will be introduced, followed up by the inclusion and announcement of sub topics relating to the original discussion. As well as opening up the forums for discussion, we’ll also be hosting live streaming discussions with the developers on each topic. We’ll give you more information on these streams as we solidify the schedule.
Estimated start dates
“Thanks again for your continued support and feedback, we’re very excited to share our ideas with you.
“Ed and the Elite Dangerous team”
On Thursday 24th August at 4:32pm Frontier announced the start of the Open Beta patch for Horizons: 1.9/2.4 – The Return. The changes and fixes from the closed beta can be seen below.
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed the loud ambient audio in Empire Stations
- Fixed some missing landing pad audio
- Fixed other player’s ships being nearly silent when close to planet’s surface
- Fixed ship engines sounding strange when loading into another player’s ship in Supercruise in Multi-crew
- Added default bindings for the vanity camera switch views for keyboard and mouse control scheme
- Fixed the ‘Waiting for Players’ and ‘Starting Game’ text that was obscured on the Elevate map
- Fixed a UI issue whereby many weapons were incorrectly displaying the ‘gimballed’ icon on the HUD
- Engineers should no longer distort influence % displayed for the other factions in that star system
Galaxy Map/System Map
- Corrected the colour of the Metals trade routes shown on the map to match the colour shown in the legend bar
- Fixed an issue whereby the System Map popup auto minimised when using a control pad
- Tweaked the route progress bar to show when updating route options
General Fixes & Tweaks
- Various localisation updates
- Various text fixes
- Fixed the ‘Grime’ facepaint not being very visible when applied in the white colour option
- Corrected the order for some of the female skin tones for the smooth complexion head type
- Fixed an issue whereby the ‘Full 02’ mouth shape was also incorrectly adjusting the jaw size
- Fixed issue whereby players could apply rank decals to their flight suits for ranks they have not yet obtained
- Fixed an issue whereby missions could still be locked even if you met the minimum reputation requirements
- Fixed some over-inflated mission rewards
- Increased the chance of in-space chain missions spawning
- For ship kill missions, the mission giver is considered when deciding if a kill should count. This allows for some mission stacking, but only when missions are from different factions
- Fixed an issue where if a crew member joined a helm docked in the hangar, the crew would appear docked on the surface while the helm stayed in the hangar
- Fixed the Multi-crew power distribution pips being reset during Hyperspace and Supercruise transitions
- Fixed holograms on a Fighter’s HUD disappearing during Multi-crew
- Fixed missile lock audio not working correctly in Multi-crew
- Re-enabled UPnP by default in the AppConfig
- Improvements made to prevent network disconnections in poor network traffic conditions
- Fixed an issue where Bobbleheads were not appearing in the Livery section
- Fixed an issue where clicking “remove” on a decal slot when no decal was fitted caused the menu to stop responding
- Population statistic now included in the system info on ‘FSDJump’
- included info about StationServices available when docking at a station
- Info about all bodies in the system added when scanning a Nav Beacon. If you have a Detailed Surface Scanner installed, this will include detailed info (such as materials available on landable bodies)
- Included ‘TransferTime’ property in ‘ShipyardTransfer’ event
- Added mission name to player journal for mission redirect message journal entries
- OSX: Fixed an issue with gas giants not rendering correctly
- Fixed an issue whereby ship shadows were missing when first arriving at a planet’s surface
- Fixed hologram scaling issue when targeting a torpedo
- Fix a transaction server error when marking an inbox message as read
- Fix for ships in transit automatically completing their transfer when logging into the game
Some modifications for modules are now displayed in /profile, some modifications are not yet included
- Market & Starsystem controlling Factions & Superpowers displayed in /profile are now correct
- Added current ship’s Fighters and / or SRVs to /profile
- Fixed the wing cameras when in Outfitting and using VR
- The 3rd chair in the Federal Corvette is no longer manufactured by DeLacy and has been replaced with the appropriate Core Dynamics model
- Adjusted the nameplate camera for the Federal Dropship when using VR
- Fixed the missing icon in the Livery screen
Fixed the missing icon in the Livery screen
- Fixed the missing icon in the Livery screen
- Patched up a small hole in the Vulture cockpit
- Fixed an issue with the Vulture’s co-pilot console
- Fixed a crash that could occur when attempting to delete an inbox message
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading in to an SRV
- Fixed a crash that could occur when visiting Jacques Station in Colonia
- Fixed a crash that could occur when entering the Planetary Map view
- Fixed a crash that could occur when scanning another Commander’s ship while in your SRV
- Fixed a crash that could occur when firing weapons that apply the camera shake effect at targets that cannot be shaken
- Renamed Eol Procul Centauri 1 to Hutton Moon
- Fixed an issue whereby the ‘Buy Game Extras’ button would not work correctly when using a mouse
- Made some changes to better accommodate text and prevent it from being cut off when playing the game in Russian
- Fixed an issue where faction text was overlapping Engineer details while docked at an Engineer base
- Scanning indicator now appears correctly in the Contacts panel when scanning a Commander
- Powerplay inbox messages will now show the name of the power that you are aligned with as the sender
- Fixed an i$$ue where Commander name$ that contained ‘$’ were not di$playing correctly
- Fixed an issue whereby other players were not displayed as hollow squares on the scanner
- Players that have you on their sensors are now informed when you enable or disable “Report Crimes Against Me”. Additionally, enabling crime reports now has a 15 second delay before actually becoming active (there is currently no delay when disabling crime reports)
- Made some changed to ensure the Navigation Panel UI stays in sync with the backend code
- Fixed some ship names that were incorrect on the ‘Sell Ships on Rebuy’ screen
- Fixed an issue that caused various elements of the UI displaying the currently selected destination to be out of sync, and allow surface destinations to be selected from the SRV
- Fixed a small dot that appeared next to the throttle pin on several ships
- Re-aligned the cargo scoop UI
- Fixed a tiling issue that occurred when taking high resolution screenshots when using VR
Frontier will be released a hotfix for a few issues this coming week. As below or here.
“A quick announcement to let you all know that we are preparing a hotfix for next week to improve V-Syncing and reduce issues with screen-tearing that some Commanders have been experiencing.
“Thank you for raising this issue to us and remember that if you experience any bugs or issues with the game, let us know on the PlayStation 4 Bug Reports forum section.
“A note to Commanders on other platforms, this only applies to the PlayStation 4 version of the game.”
Over the weekend Lavecon 2017 took place and a few new bits of information were released about updates coming in the evolving 2.4 release. Thanks to Christian M over on Reddit for writing this up and saving me the time (which I don’t have just now!) Most notably there will be improvement/changes to the following:
- ‘A suite of weapons, modules and devices’ that will be used against the Thargoids:
- Repair limpets for hull (to be used on yourself or other ships):
- UI improvements for the inbox:
- New synthesis recipes, including Limpet synthesis.
- Improvements to salvageable wreckage and occupied cryopods:
Changes to Crime & Punishment:
- Fix for Sidewinder exploit (when you do crimes in larger ships, switch to a Sidewinder and die in order to avoid a large rebuy and removing bounties on your head). So the game will look at the most expensive rebuy cost for the ship that was used during the crimes you committed, and it will add that rebuy cost as an additional penalty.
- Federation bounties – If you attack a Player (not NPC) you also get a Pilots Federation Bounty, in addition to any normal bounty, which is valued everywhere.
- Pay-off rebuy costs and fines with other ships – wherever you have them.
Today at 2:23pm Frontier announced that the 2.3.02 update that previously came to the PC and Mac on the 26th April, will now be coming to the Xbox. Details below.
“We’ll be making the 2.3.02 update live for Xbox One at 3PM BST. The downtime is expected to be minimal and will only affect players on Xbox One.”
The changelog can be seen here or below.
• Fixed a crash that could occur in Capital Ship encounters
• Fixed a crash that could occur under various circumstances, such as when alt-tabbing and loading the game
• Reverted 2.3’s increase in faction influence from redeeming bounty vouchers
General Fixes & Tweaks
• Fixed an issue with a vessel’s total value not reflecting changes when outfitting modules
• Fixed an adjudication server disconnection from passenger missions
If you want to hear Drew talk about the upcoming event in the Elite: Dangerous galaxy you can listen to him on the Frontier stream this evening.
Today at 1:18pm Frontier announced the release of the first patch update to the 2.3 The Commanders (PC and Mac changes only) You can see the notes in the link above or below:
Note: Servers should be functioning again at 4pm.
- Fix to prevent a crash under some network conditions, that could occur when arriving in a session just as another player jumps away
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the helm initiated a supercruise jump while a Multi-Crew player was in a fighter
- Fixed a crash that could occur when cancelling a docking request when you have a docking computer installed
General Fixes & Tweaks
- Fixed an issue which created low resolution stars when exiting hyperspace
- Fixed an issue whereby gas giants would be incorrectly assigned a star texture in the system map when zooming out
- Addressed a large framerate drop that could occur when a friend logs in
- Various text fixes
- Various localisation updates
- Fix some Engineer bookmarks not being set when issuing invitations
- Missing GalNet articles have been fixed
- Farmed salt from the community for usage later.
- Addressed an issue causing Commanders to resurrect in Eranin instead of on a Planet Base near Colonia
- Fixed some audio issues related to settlements
- Addressed some audio popping that could occur when near Moisture Farms
- Fixed missing audio dialogue in training missions
- Various ship related audio fixes
Galaxy and System Map
- Fixed an issue whereby galaxy and system map popups were offset on resolutions other than 1920×1080
- Fixed welcome mission not appearing for the Horizon Sidewinder starting package
- Fixed an issue whereby a certain welcome mission was not generating correctly
- Fixed a number of adjudication server disconnects
- Fix for non-helm players ending up in the pilot chair when dropping out of supercruise
- Addressed an issue that led to incorrect bounty share messages being displayed during a Multicrew session
- Increased crew payments: voucher scaling now tops out at 80% of helm earnings (previously 50%)
- Increased insurance rebuy discount for Helm to 30% reduction per crew member (previously 25%)
- Various network optimisations
- Scanning objects with no rotational period (or infinite rotational period) no longer writes any information about rotational period to the Player Journal
- Fixed an issue whereby events could become merged in the Player Journal
Ships and SRVs
- Fixed an issue whereby decals on an SRV appeared within a black box
- Small tweak to the tail camera on the Fer-De-Lance so an installed shipkit piece is more visible
- Adjusted ship name filtering
- Fixed a transaction server disconnection when transferring cargo
Weapons and Modules
- Fixed an issue with infinite Packhound missile ammunition and heat generation which meant they could be fired infinitely by a Multi-Crew Gunner
- Fixed issue whereby certain modules (such as the Advanced Discovery Scanner) could not be reactivated after being repaired by the Auto Field-Maintenance Unit
- Fixed expansions not being correctly processed during weekly server maintenance