Ed Lewis today said that Frontier would be making a special Elite Dangerous related announcement at 7pm tonight. What will it be? Who knows, but you can find out by watching the link below from 7pm
Last week Frontier announced the winners of the design a holo-screen competition. You can view the thread here and see images of the winning entries. If you want to watch the Frontier stream of the winners below.
At some point last week the blog had its 150,000th visitor. I hope it’s proven useful to everyone who has visited.
Update @ 5.50pm: Chapter 2 is now available to play, weighing in at about 1.8gb.
Frontier have announced that the servers for Chapter 2 will be down from 8am BST on the 28th June for a minimum of 9 hours. Updates will be given if this changes. PC Commanders should back up their key binds. Patch notes are at the bottom of this post and on the Elite: Dangerous – Current Features page. Whilst you’re waiting you can watch the Chapter 2 Live stream, here.
If you’ve not yet seen what will be coming in the Chapter 2 update you can view the trailer below or read about it here.
> PATCH NOTES
- Missions and Scenarios
- Added new wing mining missions
- Added new high threat USS’s, and missions that can direct players to them
- Megaship and Installation Interactions
- Added existing megaship interactions to installations
- Added Escape Hatch interaction points to damaged megaships
- Crime and Punishment
- Players can now hand themselves in to security contacts, if they have outstanding bounties, and a zero notoriety rating. Players that hand themselves in will pay off the bounty and be deported to the nearest detention center
- Relaxed the friendly fire thresholds against NPC ships, to lower the amount of erroneous crimes being handed out
- Notoriety now decays whilst the player is docked
- Players current notoriety level displayed in cockpit will no longer be potentially out of date
- Relaxed the rules for Multicrew gunners so that they are less prone to accidental assault/reckless weapon discharge crimes
- New weapons now available at applicable Tech Brokers:
- Large Plasma Shock Cannon (Fixed, Gimbal, Turret)
- Large Guardian Shard Cannon (Fixed, Turret)
- Large Guardian Plasma Launcher (Fixed, Turret)
- The Guardian FSD booster is once again available at the Guardian Tech Broker, now with improved fuel efficiency
- Alliance Challenger – a medium sized ship, based on the Alliance Chieftain, that boasts a generous compliment of hard-points, whilst retaining the Chieftains characteristic agility. It also has stronger armour.
- Krait Mk.II – a medium sized, multi-role ship, that trades defensive capability for speed, fire-power and maneuverability. The Krait Mk.II has space for two crew members and is capable of carrying a fighter bay
- New planetary sites added, with audio logs
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed some missing effects on Guardian Artifacts
- Fixed audio cutting out in supercruise near neutron stars
- Background Simulation
- Fixed war missions incorrectly offering influence rewards (influence during a war state has no actual effect)
- Ensure that faction effects are the same from selling exploration data for pages as well as individual star systems, and balance those faction effects to have roughly the same galactic impact as before this release
- Controls & Control Devices
- Prevented Flight Assist from automatically re-enabling after exiting Supercruise
- Fixed an issue with fading text in the Engineers Cost help window
- General Fixes & Tweaks
- Numerous performance optimisations for hangers
- Resolved some minor typos
- Fixed some cut off text in material descriptions
- Local news top 5 bounty list should ignore breaking characters from ship names
- Fixed situations where ‘Last main sequence star’ info message can appear incorrectly
- General stability fix for incorrectly replicated data between players
- Holo-Me Creator
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from saving their avatar with the Frontier Expo suit equipped
- Implemented a maximum scan time multiplier to prevent excessively long scans on large Mega Ships and Installations
- Fixed an underground destructible panel at a Guardian Structure
- Removed the timed element from assassination missions, so that targets are no longer limited to spawning within a time window. Players can scan the systems local nav beacon to find the targets location.
- Fixed Mentor missions showing incorrect reward choice upon completion
- Raised pay-out rate for Elite Rank Mining Missions
- Updated Salvage missions so that factions cannot be duplicated as both giver and target
- Updated the mission timer for Massacre Thargoid Wing Missions so it matches the non-Wing variant of this mission
- Fix wing mission rewards from trade missions to award trade rank to multicrew crew members as well as the helm
- Colonia factions have started issuing mission tip offs for the region
- Ramming a guardian sentinel will no longer give you a bounty
- Fixed long description texts for experimental modules not appearing properly under the “Read More” section in Outfitting
- PlayStation 4
- Fixed an issue that could occur when playing the combat tutorial while background installation is in progress
- Fix for an issue where the “Put Your Fighters Up” Trophy was not being awarded when fighter ships were launched from your ship by an AI pilot
- Fixed Powerplay crimes incorrectly affecting notoriety
- Ships & SRV (General Ship Fixes and Improvements)
- Fixed cases of Collector Limpets clipping through the top of several ships when returning cargo
- Fixed some visual problems with short Ship IDs
- Alliance Chieftain
- Addressed a specular highlight in the canopy that could flicker in certain lighting conditions
- Fixed a small gap in geometry
- Fixed some clipping on hardpoints 1 and 2
- Shrank the Shipyard schematic icon slightly to prevent clipping
- Realigned nameplates
- Fixed some clipping on the Ship Kit
- Fixed scratches being present on Ship Kit parts when there is no ship wear and tear
- The number of internal windows now correctly matches the number of external ones
- Fixed an instance of Paint Jobs not rendering over a heat vent door
- Smoothed out some overhead cables in the cockpit
- Adjusted some internal module target locations
- Fixed emissive decals on the Anaconda losing detail if the Fusion Paint Job is applied
- Asp Explorer
- Fixed a 2D Cannon alignment issue
- Diamondback Explorer
- Added Ship Kit cameras for outfitting
- Fixed a texture issue with the Prestige paintjob
- Federal Corvette
- Fixed some reflective areas on the Icarus and Prestige paintjobs
- Lowered glossiness on Precision Paint Jobs
- Fixed some missing textures on Paint Jobs
- Fixed a visual issue that could occur with your commander when colliding in an SRV
- Type 9 Heavy
- Fixed a missing thruster texture
- Fixed some texture and model position issues
- Type 10 Defender
- Fixed some clipping on certain Ship Kit parts
- Fixed some texture and model position issues
- Fixed misaligned small lights
- Stability Fixes
- Fixed a crash to desktop that would occur when opening the galaxy map immediately after the game had loaded in a station
- Fixed a server error that could occur when trying to apply an experimental effect to a module that was originally modified by another Engineer
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using Collector Limpets
- User Interface
- Fixed an issue in the Systems panel that prevented the module health from updating correctly when repairing a module using a AFMU
- Fixed legal salvage incorrectly showing as a loss when sold
- Weapons & Modules
- The heatsink launcher no longer has an incomprehensible DPS statistic
- Human and Guardian Tech Broker blueprint requirements have been reduced
- Decreased the discrepancy in jump times between Helm and crew members
Frontier have released the upcoming trailer for the Chapter Two release in the Beyond series. If you’re looking to see what’s in the release you can find it here. (And no, there are no space-legs in this release!)
On the 25th May Frontier announced the Mining Discussion for focused feedback has been delayed.
Just wanted to quickly update you on the upcoming Focused Feedback threads.
Unfortunately, we have to delay the Mining Focused Feedback thread that was intended for May 28th. We don’t have a current date for when the thread will be posted but we will update the main thread with a new date as soon as we can.
Note: Date for Squadrons has been changed by Frontier to the 8th May.
“While we’re hard at work on the next update for Elite Dangerous Beyond 3.1, we wanted to share our plans for the Focused Feedback Forum, and when you’ll see particular topics come up for discussion.
“The Focused Feedback Forum, for those who don’t know, is an area of the forum where we describe and explain our concepts for future features coming as part of Elite Dangerous Beyond. When the forum post goes live, we then welcome constructive and focused feedback from our community on each topic. Previous Focused Feedback Forum discussions have proven to be extremely useful for development, so we wanted to get things going as soon as possible in order to best consider your suggestions.
“We’d like to thank you again for all of your feedback across social media, the forums and direct messages. Although the Focused Feedback Forums give us a place to focus on specific topics, we still pass on every suggestion and comment to the development team for consideration.
“It’s important to note that the following list and dates are not final, and we have to allow for some flexibility. You may also see other topics pop up in addition to those listed below, we will keep you up to date when or if we’re adding any more discussion topics. Please note that the topics will overlap (as you can clearly see below) – this allows us to keep the discussion topics open for as long as possible, and gather as much information as we need. The main topic will be introduced, followed up by the inclusion and announcement of sub topics relating to the original discussion. As well as opening up the forums for discussion, we’ll also be hosting live streaming discussions with the developers on each topic. We’ll give you more information on these streams as we solidify the schedule.
Estimated start dates
“Thanks again for your continued support and feedback, we’re very excited to share our ideas with you.
“Ed and the Elite Dangerous team”