To celebrate the launch of the PS4 version of Elite: Dangerous, David Braben did a Reddit AMA today. You can read it here.
Frontier have announced that there will be a pre-launch stream for the release of the PS4 version of the game. You can read about it here.
This afternoon, the 6th June 2017, Frontier released a Beta patch, 2.3.10. You can read the details below or here.
“The 2.3.10 beta is now live, and available for download for everyone who owns Elite Dangerous: Horizons (Please note: as with previous Betas, this is not available on Xbox One.) As we mentioned before, this beta will contain less visible changes and more ‘under the hood’ enhancements intended to improve stability and performance; for this reason we wanted to open up the beta for everyone to help test these important things. You can see the full list of changes, and a list of things we need your help with testing, in the text below.
“As an added incentive for helping us test these important stability changes, anybody who gets involved in the beta-only Community Goals will receive an exclusive in-game decal that will be available at the launch of 2.4. Take a look at the decal design below:
The decal won’t be just for your ship, but your Commander’s suit, too:
“All you have to do to receive the decal is take part in the CGs listed in the ‘Network and Physics Stress Testing Request’ section of this post.
“We’re grateful for your passion and continued support for Elite Dangerous, and your assistance testing this beta will really help to improve stability and performance of the game.
“Here’s the full list of the changes going in to the 2.3.10 beta:
- Fixed a Commander Data error that could occur when two players switch to a Fighter at the same time in Multi-Crew
- Fixed a crash that could occur when in High Intensity Conflict Zones for extended periods of time
- Fixed a crash that could occur when activating Silent Running in a CQC match
- Fixed a crash that could occur in the Capital Ship Encounters
General Fixes & Tweaks
- General text fixes
- Updated some translations
- Audio: Fixed an issue with inbox message alert audio not playing
- Audio: Fixed an issue whereby the audio would continue to loop when holding the fire button, after your shield cell bank had run out of ammo
- Audio: Fixed an issue with the discovery scanner audio – Honks are back!
- Fixed an issue that caused the ‘Frameshift Charging’ indicator to become stuck on screen if you cancelled a hyperjump whilst in the camera suite
- Implemented various changes to improve the appearance of Holo-Me in extreme lighting conditions
- Fixed an issue whereby the Technology 06 codex entry was missing from Ancient Ruins
- Mission board generation optimisations
- Added the ability for Helm to limit the functionality of the Gunner role if desired (for example, preventing the use of utility style modules or deploying/retracting hardpoints)
- Added the ability for Helm to disable the Fighter Control role if desired
- Fix to allow the Helm access to turret mode options when they do not have a Gunner in their Multi-Crew session
- Multicrew activities that have crew slots available are now highlighted with ‘+’ symbols
- The ‘Switch Roles’ button will now be greyed out if your SRV is carrying more cargo than the ship has capacity for
- General network tweaks and fixes
- Fixed an issue whereby the Engine Detailing slot did not appear when using the the Detailing filter tab
- Fixed an issue with NPC names becoming garbled in the Player Journal
- Added a beta version of the Companion API that will be available when the beta is available here.
- General Ship Fixes and Improvements
- Anaconda: Fixed some visual issues with the Anaconda’s cockpit and made some improvements
- Imperial Courier: Fixed an issue with the Imperial Courier’s Slipstream paint job
- Python: Python ship kits no longer appear worn when fully repaired
“Here’s a list of things we’d need your help with testing. Thanks everyone! And have fun out there!
NETWORK AND PHYSICS STRESS TESTING REQUEST
“Improvements have been made to networking around sites with lots of builds and interactive objects and physics in the game. Therefore we would like to ask all commanders to help stress test the network at the ancient site on planet 1B in the Synuefe XR-H D11-102 system. To stress test please go to the site and try arriving and departing from the ruins in large numbers, in wings and in multicrew.
“Also please pick up and drop items, and throw your SRVs around at the site to test the physics.
“Please could you use missiles and mines as well as limpets on each other and objects to make sure they are still functioning as expected.
“We have placed a temporary asteroid station “No Moon” in the system to act as a base of operations for these tests and also host some Community Goals to act as guide to the sort of things we need to test.
- CG #1 – Network Gurus Network at Ancient Ruins
Help stress test networking and physics at the ancient site on Planet 1B in the Synuefe XR-H D11-102 system. To prove you were there please pick up and deliver one ancient item to No Moon in Synuefe XR-H D11-102.
- CG #2 – Dedicated Testers Go Mining
“Help stress test networking and physics (limpets especially) at asteroid sites in the Synuefe XR-H D11-102 system. To prove you have been there please bring back at least 1 unit of any mined metal.
“As well as the answers above we would appreciate it if you could attempt to break the game at these locations to include the following see what happens when in wings, have people dropping out midway then dropping back in etc. Can you shoot knock the objects around? Try using vanity cams during the scenario, try swapping in and out of fighters. In multicrew try swapping roles and using ship systems and galaxy map and hot swapping throughout. Try using Commander Creator during the scenario. We are confident that you will find ways to do this that are not mentioned above, so please try whatever comes into your heads.
Frontier have updated their FAQ on the release of Elite:Dangerous for the PS4. The most recent piece of information being that the game will be available on both electronic and physical disc formats. The game is still due for release on the 27th June 2017. You can see the full FAQ, here.
Frontier have confirmed that there will be a live pre-launch stream for the game as well as a release day one. You can see that information below or here.
“Hello! Just about to announce this in a live stream thread… but we’re doing a pre-PS4 launch live stream next week (on Thursday 22nd June) where we’ll be basically answering any leftover questions. There will be a forum post that runs down all that information too. We’ve got a couple of things to wrap up in terms of exactly how it will roll out, so we’re waiting for that… you should have everything you need to know on Thursday at 7PM BST!”
“We’ll be showing off the game, and all the features on the stream too. Lloyd Morgan-Moore will be joining me on the stream, he’s the producer who has been responsible for moving the game over to the PS4 (and he’s lovely and has a nice face).”
Edit: This issue as of 3:37pm has now been fixed.
There’s a reported bug in the current 2.3.02 update that could cause the failure to engineer a module (upon request) whilst at the same time using the materials you have collected. Frontier have confirmed they are looking at the problem and any update will appear on this post.
On the 27th April at 10am Frontier will be updating the game with a small patch to fix a number of issues. You can see these listed below. You can see all patch notes for point releases in the game by clicking here.
• Fixed a crash that could occur in Capital Ship encounters
• Fixed a crash that could occur under various circumstances, such as when alt-tabbing and loading the game
• Reverted 2.3’s increase in faction influence from redeeming bounty vouchers
General Fixes & Tweaks
• Fixed an issue with a vessel’s total value not reflecting changes when outfitting modules
• Fixed an adjudication server disconnection from passenger missions
On the 11th April at 9:24am Frontier announced that the servers were down in preparation for the release of The Commanders. They will remain so until around 6:00pm (BST) this evening. Whilst you are waiting Frontier have organised a couple of events as below – click the links:
Reddit: David Braben – Ask Me Anything at 11am
Frontier: Live stream – Youtube at 2pm
Frontier Store: Buy Horizons Season Pass
Frontier Store: Nameplates
Information & Updates to this blog following today’s events
The Commanders: Preview
Elite Dangerous: Current Features List
Elite Dangerous: Blog Updates (Following Reddit AMA)
You can view the new trailer below.