At 10:12am on the 19th December Frontier announced the release of the first patch update following Beyond: Chapter 4’s release. You can see them below or on the official website. A link to all patch notes can be found on this blog, here.
Edit @ 1:05pm : Also see the below or here, regarding some issues with the Codex:
Currently, when scanning an astronomical body, it will provide a record in your Codex with various details, such as the hottest, coldest, largest, smallest, etc. However, we have identified an issue in the Codex, where details of discovered body types are not being replaced when discovering the same body type with a greater or lesser record (such as the smallest, or largest body).
Our initial fix for this issue will be going live today in the 3.3.01 update, and will allow the Codex to correctly track the name of system that bodies are found in.
We will be introducing a second fix in the future, which will display the correct value for discovered astronomical bodies in the Codex.
We apologise for this issue and thank you for your patience!
The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for all platforms from 10:30 UTC for roughly one hour as we apply the 3.3.01 patch.
Thank you for your patience and we’ll see you in the black!
Please find the full patch notes below:
- Corrected titles and descriptions for gas giant entries
- Changed references of “Stellar Body” to “Astronomical body”
- Fixed enemy ships appearing as clean, and incorrectly causing bounties to be given to Commanders that destroyed them
- Fixed occasional complete loss of control input in various situations
- X52 and X56 presets should be be available once again
- Fixed a binding issue with T-Flight HOTAS X that caused the confirm options not to be navigable
- Fixed SRV UI going missing when using the open Codex shortcut
- Fixed issues with the HOTAS 4 controller on PS4
- Fixed various crashes on PS4
- Fixed crash that could occur when landing on a planet
- Fixed crash that could occur when entering a Notable Stellar Phenomena
- Fixed a crash that could occur when in the galaxy map
- Fixed crash that could occur when using a research limpet
- Fixed crash that could occur when jumping to a new system
Federal Capital Ship
- Fixed hitcheck issues
- Updated Russian translations for Codex Discoveries
- Added descriptions for the recently added high value mining commodities
- Increased top end speed
- Increased pitch rate when below max PIPs
- Slightly reduced the ENG usage on boost
- Slightly increased heat gain to compensate
- Changed new mineable commodity from ‘Opal’ to ‘Void Opals’
- Fixed a number of adjudication and matchmaking server crashes
- Fixed a number of transaction server performance and reliability issues
- Fixed a cause of transaction server errors when selling exploration data
- Retuned the balance of smuggling, crime, missions and selling exploration data with the faction simulation
- Fixed a number of performance issues when processing the faction simulation
- Fixed a server error with console players authenticating with the Companion API
- Stop displaying first discovery names on the system map for star systems with that as their default discovery level, first mapping names should remain.
- Server-side changes to recover more quickly from chat server failures
- Fixed hardlock that could occur when entering the Notable Stellar Phenomena
- Corrected a visual mismatch between the left and right displays when probing planets
- Fixed missing scan effects in the FSS mode when using a Vive HMD