On the 18th February 2019 at 10:19am Frontier announced the 3.3.04 Patch update. Details of it can be seen below or on the Frontier website, here. You can view all links to updates on the Patch Update section of this website, here.
The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for all platforms at 11:30 AM (UTC) today for approximately 30 minutes as we apply the 3.3.04 patch. Thank you for your patience and we’ll see you in the black!
Please find the patch notes below:
- Fixed an issue where Xbox clients failed to connect to the different comms channels
Updated ‘Classic Context’ control scheme to allow the SRV boost button to work correctly once again, and to remove the conflict between handbrake and cycle fire groups
- Note – we have had to reassign and in some cases remove some shortcuts. The full list of changes are:
- Moved headlights and cargo scoop to the Y/Triangle button and d-pad directions
- Moved open discovery and camera suite to X/Square button and shoulder buttons
- Moved cycle fire group to Y/Triangle and right d-pad
- Removed galaxy map and system map shortcuts (can still be accessed from left hand panel)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when handing in a wing mission
- Fixed crash that could occur when destroying skimmers
- Stopped the ‘System Scan Complete’ message spamming the player
- Removed the ability for players being able to incorrectly jump huge distances when their ship was without fuel
- Fixed some visual artifacts that could occur in Thargoid conflict zones
- Fixed motherlode asteroids not spawning the appropriate material chunks when correctly destroyed by a Wing of players
- Fixed a variety of situations that could cause players to be disconnected whilst playing
At 5:34pm on the 16th January 2019 Frontier posted the details for the patch notes for the 3.3.02 update that will see the servers coming down for approximately one hour from 9:45am (UTC) tomorrow. You can see the patch notes below or on the official website. They will also be linked on the Patch Notes section of this website.
Thank you so much for your feedback since the launch of Elite Dangerous: Beyond – Chapter Four, we’re thrilled to hear that people are enjoying the new features!
We are planning to release the next Elite Dangerous bug-fixing patch (3.3.02) tomorrow (17 January) at 09:45 UTC. We wanted to identify a few issues that the patch will aim to resolve. Please keep in mind that we’ve worked hard to prioritise problems that affect the largest number of players, and we thank you for your patience while we continue to identify further issues and work to fix bugs that may have received fewer reports or are less severe. The below information does not contain the full list, which you can find here.
We have already released server-side fixes for some of the widely-reported problems including game freezes and lockups.
Here are just some of the issues we’ve addressed:
- Numerous fixes for game crashes and freezes.
- Corrected issues where leaving a Conflict Zone and rejoining it could lead to players not being able to choose a side to fight for.
- Increased ship storage to 40 ships per port.
- Ongoing efforts to balance the Background Simulation in regards to the way states impact influence, economy and security.
- And more… which you can find here!
Thanks again for your continued feedback, support and patience. Please keep the bug reports and feedback coming through, as they have been invaluable in creating the smoothest play experience for all.
- Balancing changes to the way that states automatically impact influence, economy, and security (balancing is ongoing)
- Removed archive entries that have neither audio nor text log
- Fixed a bug causing archives to have a blank title and text
- Added archive entries for some crashed ship logs
- Re-implemented ability to use physical keyboards on PS4 to enter text in comms channels without needing to use the software keyboard
- Fixed issue where leaving a Conflict Zone and rejoining it could lead to players not being able to choose a side to fight for
- Stop allowing the same button to be bound to HUD switch and open Galaxy map, which was causing conflicts
- Fixed ‘target my wingman’s target’ binding not working
- Fixed freezes during gameplay
- Fixed a crash that could occur when launching from a port
- Fixed a crash that could happen if player is docked at Cavalieri port in Electra
- Fixed crash that could occur when destroying skimmers
- Fixed crash that could occur whilst docking
- Fixed crash that could occur when opening galaxy or system map
- Fixed crash that could occur when dropping out of hyperspace
- Fixed crash that occur when entering the game
- Fixed a crash that occur when opening FSS mode
- Fixed a crash that could occur when entering CQC
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the codex
- Fixed a crash that could occur whilst fighting in a Thargoid Conflict Zone
Crime and Punishment
- Fixed issue where bounties could be claimed anywhere
- Fixed instances of Notable Stellar Phenomenon not being able to be scanned
- Fixed various biological sites not scanning correctly
- Updated ‘% System Bodies Mapped’ to ‘% System Bodies Discovered’ in the FSS mode for clarity
- Fixed issue that caused planets Lagrange and Alpha Centauri to not be able to be scanned
- Fixed issue where the motion/speed indicators were still visible whilst in FSS mode
- Fixed typo in As One Cooperative Minor Faction name
- Fixed typo in Terminus Syndicate’s description
- Renamed a starport in the Havans starsystem to Anita’s Legacy
- Renamed a starport in the Naren starsystem to Sorcha Abhril
- Renamed a starport in LFT 37 to Vanessa’s Paradise
- Renamed a starsystem to Tisdar’s Retreat
- Override starsystem’s default government label to Dictatorship when its allegiance label is set to Thargoids
- Fixed issue where previous ship name would appear in new ship or deployed SRV
- Fixed various missing strings and corrupted characters in non-English languages in the Codex
- Fixed various typos in the Codex
- Fixed various typos in Squadron screens
- Fixed typo in the ‘shared trade profit’ message when in trading in Wings
- Fixed various pronunciation mistakes in the Codex knowledge base for non-English languages
- Fixed missing UI when mining in a wing
- Fixed issues that caused the seismic charge launcher reticule to not show the correct charge level when selecting a target and charging the weapon
- Fixed UI staying visible after detonation of a motherlode if watched through the vanity camera
- Fixed visual issue where the ship cockpit glass would render on top of the motherlode fog
- Fixed some occurrences where surface deposits couldn’t be mined
- Fixed issue where players couldn’t scoop material chunks with the Python
- Opening the galaxy map from a mission auto centers on the target system
- Fixed ‘Naval Strike’ mission not being able to be completed
- Fixed missing targets for follow up Assassination missions
- Fixed templates for collect mission templates which were able to request items that were not legal at the mission giver’s market.
Allow players without Horizons to purchase the new mining modules in outfitting
- SquadronStartup event
- ProspectedAsteroid event
- ReservoirReplenished event
- Include station info in Location event, if starting when docked
- Status.json: more detail on fuel level
- Status.json: fix GuiFocus value when viewing Codex
- CodexEntry: fix SystemAddress
- Increased ship storage to 40 ships per port
- Stopped shipyard schematics rendering through Codex screens
- Ice planet rocks now generate again
- Fixed an issue where player location would no longer show in friends and private groups.
- Fixed an issue when faction conflict states would sometimes not display on the galaxy map
- Fix list of systems in Thargoid states would appear all on the same line in GalNet
- Fix localisation issues in Engineer progress news article
- Various performance & scalability fixes
- Fix an issue where conflict zones were being placed around the same body too much
- Fixed a date issue with the website’s GalNet news feed
- Added a megaship icon on the Squadrons allegiance screen
- Fixed Squadron bookmark icon alignment issue in galaxy map
- Added icon to show the happiest system in the Faction allegiance screen
- Fixed typo in Dulos system description
- Fixed an issue that could cause the share to squadron option in the galaxy/system to become unresponsive
- Fixed pulse wave scanner effects not rendering correctly
At 10:12am on the 19th December Frontier announced the release of the first patch update following Beyond: Chapter 4’s release. You can see them below or on the official website. A link to all patch notes can be found on this blog, here.
Edit @ 1:05pm : Also see the below or here, regarding some issues with the Codex:
Currently, when scanning an astronomical body, it will provide a record in your Codex with various details, such as the hottest, coldest, largest, smallest, etc. However, we have identified an issue in the Codex, where details of discovered body types are not being replaced when discovering the same body type with a greater or lesser record (such as the smallest, or largest body).
Our initial fix for this issue will be going live today in the 3.3.01 update, and will allow the Codex to correctly track the name of system that bodies are found in.
We will be introducing a second fix in the future, which will display the correct value for discovered astronomical bodies in the Codex.
We apologise for this issue and thank you for your patience!
The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for all platforms from 10:30 UTC for roughly one hour as we apply the 3.3.01 patch.
Thank you for your patience and we’ll see you in the black!
Please find the full patch notes below:
- Corrected titles and descriptions for gas giant entries
- Changed references of “Stellar Body” to “Astronomical body”
- Fixed enemy ships appearing as clean, and incorrectly causing bounties to be given to Commanders that destroyed them
- Fixed occasional complete loss of control input in various situations
- X52 and X56 presets should be be available once again
- Fixed a binding issue with T-Flight HOTAS X that caused the confirm options not to be navigable
- Fixed SRV UI going missing when using the open Codex shortcut
- Fixed issues with the HOTAS 4 controller on PS4
- Fixed various crashes on PS4
- Fixed crash that could occur when landing on a planet
- Fixed crash that could occur when entering a Notable Stellar Phenomena
- Fixed a crash that could occur when in the galaxy map
- Fixed crash that could occur when using a research limpet
- Fixed crash that could occur when jumping to a new system
Federal Capital Ship
- Updated Russian translations for Codex Discoveries
- Added descriptions for the recently added high value mining commodities
- Increased top end speed
- Increased pitch rate when below max PIPs
- Slightly reduced the ENG usage on boost
- Slightly increased heat gain to compensate
- Changed new mineable commodity from ‘Opal’ to ‘Void Opals’
- Fixed a number of adjudication and matchmaking server crashes
- Fixed a number of transaction server performance and reliability issues
- Fixed a cause of transaction server errors when selling exploration data
- Retuned the balance of smuggling, crime, missions and selling exploration data with the faction simulation
- Fixed a number of performance issues when processing the faction simulation
- Fixed a server error with console players authenticating with the Companion API
- Stop displaying first discovery names on the system map for star systems with that as their default discovery level, first mapping names should remain.
- Server-side changes to recover more quickly from chat server failures
- Fixed hardlock that could occur when entering the Notable Stellar Phenomena
- Corrected a visual mismatch between the left and right displays when probing planets
- Fixed missing scan effects in the FSS mode when using a Vive HMD
At 4:21pm on the 5th December 2018 Frontier announced another in the Discovery Scanner series.
If last week’s Discovery Scanner episode wasn’t enough for you, we’ve another this week. This time, Art Director Chris Gregory will be talking us through, and showing, the artistic vision behind the implementation of crack-able asteroids and tools used to blast them apart!
Hopefully see you there!
- Topic – Discovery Scanner – The Art of Asteroids with Chris Gregory
- Date – 6 December 2018
- Time – 19:00 (UTC)
- Where – Click here!
See you there!
Note: This video has been added to the Creating Elite: Dangerous section, here.
On the 28th November 2018 Frontier announced the latest in their series of their ‘Discovery Scanner’ series.
This week we’re finally back with the third of the Discovery Scanner series, this time focusing on the creation of the ‘cracking’ audio design and implementation of the mother-lode asteroids.
Join Ross Stack as he takes you on a behind-the-scenes look at how some of the incredible sounds in Elite Dangerous come to life.
Hopefully see you there!
Topic – Discovery Scanner – Audible Asteroids: Prospecting the Sonic Signatures of Asteroids with Senior audio designer, Ross Stack
Date – 29 November 2018
Time – 19:00 (UTC)
Where – Click here!
On the 26th November at 5:10pm Frontier announced the end date for the Beta of Chapter 4.
The Elite Dangerous: Chapter Four Beta will end on Monday December 3 at approximately 10am UTC.
This is not indicative of the Chapter Four release date. Please keep an eye on our usual social media channels and forums for any further information about the final release date of Elite Dangerous: Beyond – Chapter Four.
For this last week of beta we’re looking closely at the background simulation (BGS). As always we’re incredibly grateful for your continued support, testing and feedback, and this week we would greatly appreciate any effort in the beta put towards helping your in-game minor factions. There will be no update or patch to the beta to allow us to further test this content.
Thanks again, your feedback and testing during the beta has been invaluable thus far, and is helping towards making Elite Dangerous: Beyond – Chapter Four our best update yet.