At 10:19am on the 24th January 2019 Frontier announced the 3.0.03 update update. The details of it can be seen below or on the official site. A link to the patch notes will be on this blog’s patch notes page.
- Session log time stamps should now be correct
- Fixed an instance where the game could hang
- Fixed a crash that could occur when in a Multicrew session
- Fixed a crash that could occur whilst mining
- Fixed a crash that could occur whilst super cruising
- Fixed a crash that could occur when accessing ‘Full System Statistics’ under the Power Play contact
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the Galaxy Map
- Planets that have not been mapped by the player should no longer display the blue mapped effect
- Fixed some negative faction consequences not being applied correctly from actions such as crimes and missions
- Fixed network disconnect that could occur after suspending the game on XB1
- Fixed connection issues for players using IPV6
- Fixed Powerplay local news articles not being displayed correctly
- Fixed partial commodity quotas not being correctly applied after restocking or fast-tracking
- Fixed issue that was causing no mass locks between human ships
- Fixed Squadron filtering not working correctly when looking for Powerplay tags
- Players can use spaces within Squadron names once more
- Fixed being unable to reject squadron applications even when you have the correct rank permission
At 5:34pm on the 16th January 2019 Frontier posted the details for the patch notes for the 3.3.02 update that will see the servers coming down for approximately one hour from 9:45am (UTC) tomorrow. You can see the patch notes below or on the official website. They will also be linked on the Patch Notes section of this website.
Thank you so much for your feedback since the launch of Elite Dangerous: Beyond – Chapter Four, we’re thrilled to hear that people are enjoying the new features!
We are planning to release the next Elite Dangerous bug-fixing patch (3.3.02) tomorrow (17 January) at 09:45 UTC. We wanted to identify a few issues that the patch will aim to resolve. Please keep in mind that we’ve worked hard to prioritise problems that affect the largest number of players, and we thank you for your patience while we continue to identify further issues and work to fix bugs that may have received fewer reports or are less severe. The below information does not contain the full list, which you can find here.
We have already released server-side fixes for some of the widely-reported problems including game freezes and lockups.
Here are just some of the issues we’ve addressed:
- Numerous fixes for game crashes and freezes.
- Corrected issues where leaving a Conflict Zone and rejoining it could lead to players not being able to choose a side to fight for.
- Increased ship storage to 40 ships per port.
- Ongoing efforts to balance the Background Simulation in regards to the way states impact influence, economy and security.
- And more… which you can find here!
Thanks again for your continued feedback, support and patience. Please keep the bug reports and feedback coming through, as they have been invaluable in creating the smoothest play experience for all.
- Balancing changes to the way that states automatically impact influence, economy, and security (balancing is ongoing)
- Removed archive entries that have neither audio nor text log
- Fixed a bug causing archives to have a blank title and text
- Added archive entries for some crashed ship logs
- Re-implemented ability to use physical keyboards on PS4 to enter text in comms channels without needing to use the software keyboard
- Fixed issue where leaving a Conflict Zone and rejoining it could lead to players not being able to choose a side to fight for
- Stop allowing the same button to be bound to HUD switch and open Galaxy map, which was causing conflicts
- Fixed ‘target my wingman’s target’ binding not working
- Fixed freezes during gameplay
- Fixed a crash that could occur when launching from a port
- Fixed a crash that could happen if player is docked at Cavalieri port in Electra
- Fixed crash that could occur when destroying skimmers
- Fixed crash that could occur whilst docking
- Fixed crash that could occur when opening galaxy or system map
- Fixed crash that could occur when dropping out of hyperspace
- Fixed crash that occur when entering the game
- Fixed a crash that occur when opening FSS mode
- Fixed a crash that could occur when entering CQC
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the codex
- Fixed a crash that could occur whilst fighting in a Thargoid Conflict Zone
Crime and Punishment
- Fixed issue where bounties could be claimed anywhere
- Fixed instances of Notable Stellar Phenomenon not being able to be scanned
- Fixed various biological sites not scanning correctly
- Updated ‘% System Bodies Mapped’ to ‘% System Bodies Discovered’ in the FSS mode for clarity
- Fixed issue that caused planets Lagrange and Alpha Centauri to not be able to be scanned
- Fixed issue where the motion/speed indicators were still visible whilst in FSS mode
- Fixed typo in As One Cooperative Minor Faction name
- Fixed typo in Terminus Syndicate’s description
- Renamed a starport in the Havans starsystem to Anita’s Legacy
- Renamed a starport in the Naren starsystem to Sorcha Abhril
- Renamed a starport in LFT 37 to Vanessa’s Paradise
- Renamed a starsystem to Tisdar’s Retreat
- Override starsystem’s default government label to Dictatorship when its allegiance label is set to Thargoids
- Fixed issue where previous ship name would appear in new ship or deployed SRV
- Fixed various missing strings and corrupted characters in non-English languages in the Codex
- Fixed various typos in the Codex
- Fixed various typos in Squadron screens
- Fixed typo in the ‘shared trade profit’ message when in trading in Wings
- Fixed various pronunciation mistakes in the Codex knowledge base for non-English languages
- Fixed missing UI when mining in a wing
- Fixed issues that caused the seismic charge launcher reticule to not show the correct charge level when selecting a target and charging the weapon
- Fixed UI staying visible after detonation of a motherlode if watched through the vanity camera
- Fixed visual issue where the ship cockpit glass would render on top of the motherlode fog
- Fixed some occurrences where surface deposits couldn’t be mined
- Fixed issue where players couldn’t scoop material chunks with the Python
- Opening the galaxy map from a mission auto centers on the target system
- Fixed ‘Naval Strike’ mission not being able to be completed
- Fixed missing targets for follow up Assassination missions
- Fixed templates for collect mission templates which were able to request items that were not legal at the mission giver’s market.
Allow players without Horizons to purchase the new mining modules in outfitting
- SquadronStartup event
- ProspectedAsteroid event
- ReservoirReplenished event
- Include station info in Location event, if starting when docked
- Status.json: more detail on fuel level
- Status.json: fix GuiFocus value when viewing Codex
- CodexEntry: fix SystemAddress
- Increased ship storage to 40 ships per port
- Stopped shipyard schematics rendering through Codex screens
- Ice planet rocks now generate again
- Fixed an issue where player location would no longer show in friends and private groups.
- Fixed an issue when faction conflict states would sometimes not display on the galaxy map
- Fix list of systems in Thargoid states would appear all on the same line in GalNet
- Fix localisation issues in Engineer progress news article
- Various performance & scalability fixes
- Fix an issue where conflict zones were being placed around the same body too much
- Fixed a date issue with the website’s GalNet news feed
- Added a megaship icon on the Squadrons allegiance screen
- Fixed Squadron bookmark icon alignment issue in galaxy map
- Added icon to show the happiest system in the Faction allegiance screen
- Fixed typo in Dulos system description
- Fixed an issue that could cause the share to squadron option in the galaxy/system to become unresponsive
- Fixed pulse wave scanner effects not rendering correctly