On the 7th September 2018 Frontier announced that Chapter 4 would see the implementation of a dedicated mission server. You can see the details below.
“In the next chapter of Beyond (3.3), we will be implementing and migrating mission data to a new separate server. While this mainly affects the back-end of the game, you will see some changes to missions in-game.
“As it currently stands, missions are on a shared server with other elements of the game. This has the risk of problems with missions causing outages and stability issues for the rest of the game if there are technical hiccups.
“So, what benefits will we see by moving missions to their own separate server?
- Any issue (generated by missions) which can cause a server outage or stability problems will no longer result in players disconnecting. Instead the missions will be unavailable for a period of time.
- If such issues do occur, the previous servers will be able to act as a back-up, offering better opportunities to recover game content as quickly as possible.
- We may see a slight decrease in mission board loading times.
- Missions will now be consistent across game modes (Solo/Open/Private Group).
“It’s also worth noting that, as a result of a dedicated ‘mission server’, there will be a removal/significant reduction of the method of refreshing mission boards by logging in and out of the game (“board flipping”). While we understand that this is a practice utilised by some* players, this was never the intended use of the mission system.
“Even though there is a small number of players doing this, we will increase the credit payout of missions (by 10%) across the board so all players using the mission boards as intended will see a net profit. As a result of this, some mission reward choices will see boosted influence, reputation and rank gains. As always when it comes to missions, we will continually review and balance them where needed.
“Ultimately, this is a healthy step for our overall servers and game experience.
“If you have any questions or would like to share your feedback with us, please post below!”
At 3:33pm on the 26th March 2018 Frontier announced the release of the 3.0.4 patch update. The servers are expected to be down for up to 2 hours. You can see the patch notes below, on the Elite: Dangerous – Current Features part of this blog or on the offical site, here.
“We are taking the galaxy servers down now for the 3.0.4 update which has a number of bug fixes. It also reverts the changes made to hot ships and access to outfitting in the 3.0.3 update, which means ships can now access outfitting anywhere except Starports controlled by a faction that has issued a bounty or fine against them.
Details about future crime proposals can be found here. Estimated downtime is approximately two hours, and we’ll communicate here and on our social media channels when the servers are back online. Thank you all for your patience. The change log can be found below:
- Fixed a cockpit shadow issue near planets on the PS4
- Restored the version info text to the main menu on the XB1
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t pay off bounties via the Interstellar Factors Contact when their notoriety was 0
- Refuelling from the Star port Services screen is now allowed while under Anonymous Access Protocol
- Power bounties are now cleared when the player leaves or defects from a power
- Power bounties are now included when cleaning a ship with Interstellar Factors
- Outfitting service is always open (where available) except when using anonymous access
- Fixed scans in settlements only giving one data material, apart from Guardian Blueprints which intentionally return one
- Fixed an issue where police will spawn in anarchy systems at a USS
Local News Reports
- Fixed the wrong ship name appearing in the top 5 bounty lists if a commander appears in more than one list
- Fixed ship bounties not being added to the top 5 bounty lists on login
- Fixed top 5 bounty list entries not expiring after 5 days
- Fixed superpower bounties not being added to the top 5 bounty list when issued
- Long distance passenger missions now properly allow the selection of a mission reward
- Fixed rank up missions not spawning
- Fixed some Search and Rescue missions not correctly reflecting the repair state of the Starport
- Fixed some mission-only cargo types not being available
- Delivery Wing mission payouts have been increased and the cargo requirement decreased
- Crew members now unlock trade data correctly when the helm scans a Nav Beacon
- Fixed localised strings where the localisation resources redirect to another text symbol
- Fixed missing “PayBounties” event
- Ensured commodity names are localised in CargoDepot interactions, and when scooping and dumping from SRV
- Fixed some factions having their influence displayed incorrectly
- Fixed a rare memory crash
- Fixed a connection issue that could occur near SYNUEFE VM-D C15-10 2 A
- Fixed a connection issue that could occur near planet surfaces
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using the Kill Warrant Scanner
- Fixed the tourist beacon issue where the beacons became misplaced
Weapons & Modules
The damage values displayed for experimental weapons now more accurately represent the damage that they will deal against human vessels
At 10.51 am on the 30th January 2018 Frontier announced the release of the first update to the Beyond Beta. You can see the changes below, or on on the official website here.
The 3.0 beta galaxy servers will go down shortly in order for us to update to beta 2. We have made some specific changes to Engineers that we’d like to call out. You can read about them here. See the full change log below.
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed an audio issue with Small Fixed Mining Lasers
- Fixed some clicking that could occur when starting and stopping in the Lakon Type 10
- Fixed hardpoint scanners being silent after swapping from mothership to fighter and back
- Fixed a bug where returning from the menu pause screen would resume Galnet audio, even if the audio had been paused beforehand
- Fixed some missing UI sounds when contributing resources towards a Wing Mission when using a mouse
- Added the correct radial menus for the T.Flight Hotas One and T.Flight Hotas 4
- Reverted a change that renamed ThrustMasterHOTAS4 to TFlightHotas4 to keep backwards compatibility with existing player presets that referenced the old name
- Engineer workshop now displays ‘None’ instead of the currently applied experimental effect if you have a Blueprint selected that is different from the one currently applied to the module
- Pinning a blueprint will now pin all grades, not just one
- Higher reputation with an Engineer will increase the speed you’ll progress through the lower grades
- Initial balance pass on certain blueprint stats. Click spoiler to see all changes, to help test the new tweaks. Also read about this on our post here.
– Dirty Drives: Speed Increase 30%->40%
(Max possible increase now 47%, used to be 47% with extreme luck, 43%+ considered very good)
– Clean Drives: Speed Increase 18%->28%
(Max possible increase now 34.4%, used to be 33.8%)
– Short Range: Damage increase 65%->75%
(Max DPS increase 67.5% in live, 70% in beta, now 80% including experimentals)
– Overcharged: Damage increase 55%->70%
(Max DPS increase 67.5% in live, 59% in beta, now 75% including experimentals)
– Rapid Fire: Firing Interval reduction 40%->44% (ROF increase 66%->79%)
(Max DPS increase 67.5% in live, 63% in beta, now 74.7% including experimentals)
– Efficient: Damage increase 17%->24%
(Max DPS increase 26% in live, 20.5% in beta, now 27.7% including experimentals)
Passive power draw reduction 40%->48%
WEP draw reduction 35%->45%
– Focused: Heat increase halved (10%->5%)
– Enhanced, Low Power: Strength Multiplier: 10%->15%
– Reinforced: Damage Reduction: 12%->15% (back to where it is in live), also fix a numerical error that resulted it odd results from crafting lvl 1-4 recipes
– Increased FSD Range: Optimised mass 50%->55%
– Low Emissions: Heat 60%->65%
– Overcharged: Power 36%->40%
– Single Resistance blueprints: Off-type penalties reduced 12%->10%
– Heavy Duty: Damage resistance restored from 8.5%->15%
– Lightweight: Health Multiplier increase 18%->24%
– Heavy Duty: Health Multiplier increase 30%->35%
– High Frequency: Global charge rate increase 40%->45%
– High Capacity: Global Charge Capacity 40%->42%
– Priority X blueprints: Increase charge rate on primary capacitor from 30%->36%
– Heavy Duty: Shield health increase 38%->40%
– Resistance Augmented: Global damage resist 16%->17%
Galaxy Map/System Map
- Removed Thargoid and Guardian from galaxy map Allegiance filter and added them to a new Civilisation filter
- Fixed the System Map displaying the current view mode of the Galaxy Map in the top right corner
- Fixed some incorrect player faction descriptions on the Galaxy Map
General Fixes & Tweaks
- Increased yield of materials from asteroids
- Fix for bounty values not always being received correctly
- Material availability has been restored to its original state on planets
- Added two new materials – Boron and Lead which can most commonly be found in metal-rich asteroid rings.
- Choosing the Horizons Fast Start when creating a Commander now includes an initial set of micro resources
- Initial commodity adjustments to make it more profitable to smuggle goods to a black market
- Anarchy factions treat smuggling goods at a black market as if they were traded on the open commodities market for the purposes of the Background Sim
- Corrected the position of the player’s avatar when using the Holo-Me creator when in an Anaconda
- Fixed an issue that was preventing Data Uplinks from being targeted on Installations
- Fixed Capital Ship in Distress USS being surrounded by ‘Clean’ Pirate NPCs
- Prison ships now carry a stock of Sidewinders
- Leftover cargo from a Delivery Wing Mission is now flagged as Stolen for all wing members
- Adjusted the spawn rate of Skimmers at settlements to better facilitate ‘Kill Skimmer’ missions
- Increased the variety of Courier missions that can be generated
- Fixed an issue where kills by Wing members were not always counted towards a Massacre Wing mission
- Factions will no longer send you to scan their own Data Points for a Planetary Scan mission
- Fixed an issue that was preventing mission targets from counting towards an Assassination mission after following a target using a Wake Scanner
- Fixed material rewards from Wing Missions not being added to the Material Inventory
- Fixed mission rewards not filtering correctly
- Wing Delivery and Collect missions are now available
- Fixed a disconnect that could occur when attempting to deploy a fighter in Multi-Crew
- Fixed an issue where planetary defences would still attack you while docked after re-spawning
- ATR fixes – Correct number of ATR ships now arrive and at the correct threshold
- Fixed Recon Limpet Controllers all having the same stats and description
- Fixed some cases of the rocks around Engineer bases being different colours to the planet’s surface
- Added an event to Player Journal when SRV is destroyed
- Added info in journal if wanted when docked
- Added a property in the Journal’s “Location” or “FSDJump” event indicating if the player is wanted locally
- Fixed the “Loadout” entry written to the Journal at startup (It was sometimes missing)
- Ensured all ShipType strings written to journal get localisation
- Added a new “Powerplay” event in the journal to log a player’s powerplay allegiance, rank, merits etc
- Adjusted the Outfitting camera angle for the String Lights Livery Slot
- Adjusted some camera angles in the Keelback and fixed some UI occlusion that could occur with the role switch panel when in the second cockpit seat
Lakon Type 10
- Fixes to the landing gear animations and positioning
- Fixed an issue where the SRV’s seat was not animating in sync with the pilot impact animations
- Fixed a crash when logging in after applying an unsuitable Engineer modification to a module
- Tentative fix for a render texture crash (the most frequently encountered crash in 3.0 Beta 1)
- Fixed a disconnect that could occur when using the Technology Broker if trying to remove required materials
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the mission owner scans a Nav Beacon for an Assassination Wing Mission
- Fixed a crash that could occur when looking at the Navigation Panel when in CQC
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the Galaxy Map
- Fixed a crash that could occur when switching to another ship
- Fixed a crash that could occur on the Insurance Screen
- Fixed failed Wing Missions not being marked as such in the Transactions Tab
- When selecting a megaship turret in the contacts panel, it will no longer look like the player is selecting a ship nor have any attributes normally associated with a ship
- Fixed an issue where weapon mode icons (fixed, gimbal, turret) were appearing incorrectly for modules in outfitting
- Fixed the icon for Inbox messages that contain audio
- Fixed some visual issues that could occur with the UI upon unlocking an item from the Technology Broker
- The Sub-target tab now shows status instead of health when selecting a hackable item
- Modules tab now updates when taking heat damage to correctly display health values
- Fixed negative numbers appearing next to invitee’s avatars on Massacre Wing missions
- Fixed Engineer mod notifications not correctly aligning when changing from one warning to another
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from scrolling down the module info panel
- Fixed an issue that could lead you to become stuck on the rewards screen following the completion of a Cargo Depot Wing mission
- Changed the inbox filter and header from ‘Audio Logs’ to ‘Discovered Logs’
- Fixed some debug text that could appear when targeting Black Box Canisters
- Fixed the ‘engineered’ icon incorrectly displaying when selling stored non-engineered modules
- Fixed a crash in the workshop that could occur when comparing against a Blueprint not available at the current engineer
- Fixed an issue whereby an NPC’s avatar could appear in the Comms panel instead of a player’s avatar
- Fixed inbox message not always appearing when gaining an exploration rank after discovering a new micro resource
- Fixed a crash that could occur when accessing The Dweller’s Starport UI
As of 6:29pm The Return is available on all platforms to download and play.
At 12:37pm on the 17th May, Frontier announced a small server-side update:
We are in the process of rolling out a server side update. The server side update will occur this afternoon. Below are the changes…
- Fix to make sure mission data and material rewards match between mission boards and transactions panel
- Fix some players stuck on the main menu with Unable to Load Commander Data errors after launching a Fighter or SRV
- Fix a transaction server disconnection when failing to restock limpets
- Fix a transaction server Community Goal issue
- Stop factions from getting positive effects when selling black market commodities for really low prices
- Fix some stored ships not being available from the shipyard
- Fix a transaction server issue when switching to a deployed fighter in multicrew
- Split faction effects from redeeming superpower bounties based upon current influence percentages.
- A percentage of the influence change will be left over if there are factions in the system that are not part of the superpower. This remaining amount will be discarded.
Frontier have pushed through a couple of server side hotfixes to make a few changes to passenger mission rewards:
Within the next couple of hours you should start to see an increase to passenger mission rewards. As I mentioned before this is an ongoing process, but I would like to say that there was no intention to nerf passenger missions so much that they were not viable. So long as these changes work as expected (and as we have seen through in house testing), I will look at the data for all missions again next week to see where we are compared to the pre-2.2 rewards. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
And also as mentioned here:
- Fix transaction server error when restocking discounted ammunition (most notably Rank 5 supporters of Denton Patreus)
- Fix transaction server error when restocking ammunition for weapons with modified bursts
- Fix transaction server error when viewing members of exceptionally large private groups
- More aggressively match wing members onto servers.
If, after hyperspacing to another star system, you still find yourself on a different server to the rest of your wing, then please do raise a bug report and include the netlogs from all wing members where possible.
Some potentially good news from Frontier Towers, in that the server team have hopefully ironed out a bug responsible for most of the server disconnections that have been occurring since 2.1.05. As Ed Lewis explained,
“Hey everyone – just a quick note to let you know we’ve been communicating with our wonderful server wizards, and they told us the following:
“Almost all of these disconnections that some people are experiencing look like a bug that arrived in 2.1.05 and that’s been fixed in 2.2, it would be really great if you let us know if your experience is improved once 2.2 is released. We’re honestly sorry that your experiencing these frustrating issues, and really welcome all of the feedback.
“So there you go! Let us know if 2.2 helps in any way :)”