During a Frontier live stream Zac and Ed confirmed that ship naming would be coming to the game, with Ed commenting he had seen a working version of it. A date wasn’t given although Ed left viewers dangling by not quite naming which release it would not be coming with. You can see the footage below.
On the 24th November Sandro Sammarco posted on the official forum about the situation regarding Engineer crafting. You can see the original post, here.
“We’ve received a lot of feedback requesting cargo storage, specifically for engineer commodities. We’re investigating a few options, and we’d love to get your feedback before we make a final decision, so I’m posting this thread to gather your thoughts.
“To clarify, the issue at hand is that many blueprints require one or more units of a special crafting commodity, gathered from in various activities, which means you have to have cargo space available when you want to craft upgrades for your modules.
“This forces any player interested in crafting to A) always fly with a ship that has cargo space, and B) have an amount of that cargo space committed to carrying crafting commodities.
“Our plan was to introduce crafting commodity storage, which would allow you to collect and store crafting commodities at Engineer bases for use in crafting at a later date. This would mean that you would only need to fly a cargo-capable ship when you were actively engaged in collecting the commodities, and could store up commodities to allow for multiple crafting attempts in one sitting.
“However, examining the current schedule, it’s looking like this feature will not come online in the time frame we’d like, so we are considering our options:
“A. Wait it out and get crafting commodity storage at a later date.
“B. Temporarily remove crafting commodities from blueprints until crafting commodity storage comes online.
C. Temporarily allow various starport markets, potentially even Engineer markets, to sell crafting commodities until crafting commodity storage comes online.
“Our current thoughts are to go for option B, but we’d love to hear your thoughts on this choice, so feel free to discuss in the thread and let us know which option you’d prefer, and why.”
Today Michael Brookes announced that Frontier have added a further 120 tourist locations to the game. Additionally the length of time to taken to to complete some of the longest trips has been increased to 28 days.
If you’ve found anywhere you’d like to add (it’s tagged with with your Commander name), you can do so here.
On the 21st November Sandro Sammarco posted on the official forum that,
“The next release we’re currently working towards is a 2.2 update which will be arriving soon, along with a short beta.
“We wanted to take the time to discuss the changes we’re making to give you folk a heads up, and explain our thinking a little. We’ve separated the various changes out into their own posts to keep the feedback channel nice and clean. Mark and I will hopefully be able to jump in to answer follow up questions.
“So have a read and feel free to discuss in the threads, your feedback will be greatly appreciated.”
“Full patch notes on other related changes will be available nearer the time.”
The changes are very extensive and cross three different and important parts of the game, so click the links below for a full rundown on the proposals.If you want to read follow up comments by Sandro and Mike, you can read them via the Dev Tracker.
Frontier have pushed through a couple of server side hotfixes to make a few changes to passenger mission rewards:
Within the next couple of hours you should start to see an increase to passenger mission rewards. As I mentioned before this is an ongoing process, but I would like to say that there was no intention to nerf passenger missions so much that they were not viable. So long as these changes work as expected (and as we have seen through in house testing), I will look at the data for all missions again next week to see where we are compared to the pre-2.2 rewards. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
And also as mentioned here:
- Fix transaction server error when restocking discounted ammunition (most notably Rank 5 supporters of Denton Patreus)
- Fix transaction server error when restocking ammunition for weapons with modified bursts
- Fix transaction server error when viewing members of exceptionally large private groups
- More aggressively match wing members onto servers.
If, after hyperspacing to another star system, you still find yourself on a different server to the rest of your wing, then please do raise a bug report and include the netlogs from all wing members where possible.
On the 15th November at 9:48am Frontier announced that a new patch was ready for release with a wide variety of fixes and changes. You can see the full list below.
PC and Xbox One
– Physics crash fix when disconnecting on entering a location
– Xbox One: Fix terrain flattening so planet ports do not appear underground
– Fix for client and server disagreeing about whether a jet cone boost is active and kicking the player
– Fix a crash writing to the player journal with an invalid station type when docking
– Fix low level network hang
– Crash fix when swapping to an SRV
– Update the maths around hyperspacing to a Neutron star with jet cones to properly deal with avoiding said cones, also push the arrival distance for neutron stars back out a little to avoid running straight into the drop-out radius. Note that you’ll still hit them pretty fast, but not unfairly so as long as you’re on the ball
– Fix buggy refuel on dock
– Fixed Passenger mission bug where you are unable to take any missions due to a bug where abandoned / failed missions continue to take up space in the missions limit
– Fix for planetary mission generation
– Fix for incorrect passenger elite rank points
– Heavy frame loss and stuttering when deploying a AI fighter and thrusting downwards
– Stop the station from responding to crimes of the Passenger Wanted type
– Stop the ThankYouPassedStopAndSearch chatter line from playing when scanned by police while carrying an illegal passenger as they’re about to start attacking
– Target Body does not change after scanning the first beacon of a PassengerSightseeing mission that has multiple destinations
– Prevent a faction expanding twice when a conflict state overtakes an already ended expansion state
– Ensure a minimum amount of Combat rank progression is always awarded, even when the Commanders and NPC crew have a significantly higher rank than the losing pilot
– Fix transaction server error when restocking burst railguns and some other Engineer modifications
– Module storage reliability improvements
– NPC Crew Will Not Hold Position fixed
– More improvements to the automatic fixes that try to get a Commander into the game after an invalid location or loadout including storing modules that cause trouble
– Fix faction names in the Interstellar Factors contact screen being displayed as “NONE” when there are a large number of factions in the list
– The player journal entry for when docking at a station now reports the station faction economy, government, etc: (and the info on entering a starsystem names the properties as SystemEconomy, SystemGovernment etc to be explicit about what the values refer to)
– Fix journal entry when docking an ai fighter
– Orca tactical paintjobs fixed
– Fix to the Asp Pharaoh paintjob skus being switched
– Fix incorrect onionhead2 decal sku
– Always report a MaterialCollected event after MaterialDiscovered in the player journal
– Added a text line explaining more clearly the risk of carrying criminals
– If you have an illegal passenger, call this out in the status line. Only “Wanted” status trumps this
– Attempting to spend negative credits when refuelling fixed
– Add checks for ship validity to GetStoredItemsForSlot so that we only return items that can currently be fitted to a slot. This should stop multiple shield generators, refineries, fuel scoops and other assorted once only modules getting fitted via the storage tab
– Fix livery being accessible (in extenso, outfitting) when outfitting is actually not available in a starport
Xbox One also includes 2.2.01:
– Don’t crash if there’s invalid state in the powerplay map
– Fix crash when looking at the role panel in the SRV
– Prevent spinning ship while docked and using VR mode with Rift CV1
– Fix a crash that can happen if the persistent POI generation runs before the planet surface controller is ready
– Fixed SRV starting underground if the base is in a crater
– Fix soft lock when entering installations when another player is already at the installation
– When cannons, plasma accelerators and railguns malfunction, they now deal 5% of their own damage to themselves, rather than 200% which would instakill them
– Civil wars now use the same structure as War/War Support to guarantee there is always at least one conflict zone in civil wars
– Fix an issue with station guns not causing damage in some network conditions
– Hunter hostiles now obey the same cooldown as normal NPCs to prevent instant interdictions
– Fixed an issue where delivery and delivery founder missions were showing the wrong credit reward in the first transaction tab after you accept the mission
– Fixed overhead per system being too large as it’s not counting fortified systems towards the number of systems that pay overheads
– Materials do not drop from Fumaroles (or other persistent POIs) when multiple players are present fixed
– Stop prosecuting crimes committed by dead Commanders
– Fixed Commanders allowed to equip multiple fuel scoops, fighter bays, refineries and shield generators by retrieving a module from storage
– Fixed some stored ships not being available within the Shipyard
– Fighter Cockpit UI: removing useless indicators in the bottom right corner, leaving the component’s frame only for silent running and wanted status display
– Added message when main ships power plant is malfunctioning will be displayed when player is in both main ship and fighter
– Fine now given for shooting in no fire zone with a fighter
– Lower panel shows SRV that isn’t owned fixed
– Fixed missing targeting schematic images for the Satellites
– Starport UI: fixing research panel (numeric stepper) not releasing focus when pressing left on a pad to get back to contacts menu (or back button)
– Change order of string returned by GetLongLatString, to Lat then long to revert the order of the latitude and longitude readout on the hud to be the same as pre 2.2
– Fixed missing Imperial Clipper vibrant paintjobs
– Remove build watermark
On the 14th October Frontier posted on the official forum that missions rewards had received a re-balancing.
“Many mission rewards have been increased, while passenger mission rewards are slightly decreased to create a better overall balance across the board. This balance is part of an on-going process and we will continue to make changes as required.
“Additionally, we’ve fixed an issue whereby passenger missions will now award points toward the correct Elite rank.”