At roughly 3:12pm on the 11th July 2018 Frontier took down the servers for approximately 30 minutes to update the small 3.1.2 patch. Details are below and on the official website. You can find all patch notes and details of major updates here.
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed a softlock that could occur when dropping in to a Military USS
- Fixed missing Search and Rescue contact text
- Additional minor optimisations and fixes
Update @ 5.50pm: Chapter 2 is now available to play, weighing in at about 1.8gb.
Frontier have announced that the servers for Chapter 2 will be down from 8am BST on the 28th June for a minimum of 9 hours. Updates will be given if this changes. PC Commanders should back up their key binds. Patch notes are at the bottom of this post and on the Elite: Dangerous – Current Features page. Whilst you’re waiting you can watch the Chapter 2 Live stream, here.
If you’ve not yet seen what will be coming in the Chapter 2 update you can view the trailer below or read about it here.
> PATCH NOTES
- Missions and Scenarios
- Added new wing mining missions
- Added new high threat USS’s, and missions that can direct players to them
- Megaship and Installation Interactions
- Added existing megaship interactions to installations
- Added Escape Hatch interaction points to damaged megaships
- Crime and Punishment
- Players can now hand themselves in to security contacts, if they have outstanding bounties, and a zero notoriety rating. Players that hand themselves in will pay off the bounty and be deported to the nearest detention center
- Relaxed the friendly fire thresholds against NPC ships, to lower the amount of erroneous crimes being handed out
- Notoriety now decays whilst the player is docked
- Players current notoriety level displayed in cockpit will no longer be potentially out of date
- Relaxed the rules for Multicrew gunners so that they are less prone to accidental assault/reckless weapon discharge crimes
- New weapons now available at applicable Tech Brokers:
- Large Plasma Shock Cannon (Fixed, Gimbal, Turret)
- Large Guardian Shard Cannon (Fixed, Turret)
- Large Guardian Plasma Launcher (Fixed, Turret)
- The Guardian FSD booster is once again available at the Guardian Tech Broker, now with improved fuel efficiency
- Alliance Challenger – a medium sized ship, based on the Alliance Chieftain, that boasts a generous compliment of hard-points, whilst retaining the Chieftains characteristic agility. It also has stronger armour.
- Krait Mk.II – a medium sized, multi-role ship, that trades defensive capability for speed, fire-power and maneuverability. The Krait Mk.II has space for two crew members and is capable of carrying a fighter bay
- New planetary sites added, with audio logs
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed some missing effects on Guardian Artifacts
- Fixed audio cutting out in supercruise near neutron stars
- Background Simulation
- Fixed war missions incorrectly offering influence rewards (influence during a war state has no actual effect)
- Ensure that faction effects are the same from selling exploration data for pages as well as individual star systems, and balance those faction effects to have roughly the same galactic impact as before this release
- Controls & Control Devices
- Prevented Flight Assist from automatically re-enabling after exiting Supercruise
- Fixed an issue with fading text in the Engineers Cost help window
- General Fixes & Tweaks
- Numerous performance optimisations for hangers
- Resolved some minor typos
- Fixed some cut off text in material descriptions
- Local news top 5 bounty list should ignore breaking characters from ship names
- Fixed situations where ‘Last main sequence star’ info message can appear incorrectly
- General stability fix for incorrectly replicated data between players
- Holo-Me Creator
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from saving their avatar with the Frontier Expo suit equipped
- Implemented a maximum scan time multiplier to prevent excessively long scans on large Mega Ships and Installations
- Fixed an underground destructible panel at a Guardian Structure
- Removed the timed element from assassination missions, so that targets are no longer limited to spawning within a time window. Players can scan the systems local nav beacon to find the targets location.
- Fixed Mentor missions showing incorrect reward choice upon completion
- Raised pay-out rate for Elite Rank Mining Missions
- Updated Salvage missions so that factions cannot be duplicated as both giver and target
- Updated the mission timer for Massacre Thargoid Wing Missions so it matches the non-Wing variant of this mission
- Fix wing mission rewards from trade missions to award trade rank to multicrew crew members as well as the helm
- Colonia factions have started issuing mission tip offs for the region
- Ramming a guardian sentinel will no longer give you a bounty
- Fixed long description texts for experimental modules not appearing properly under the “Read More” section in Outfitting
- PlayStation 4
- Fixed an issue that could occur when playing the combat tutorial while background installation is in progress
- Fix for an issue where the “Put Your Fighters Up” Trophy was not being awarded when fighter ships were launched from your ship by an AI pilot
- Fixed Powerplay crimes incorrectly affecting notoriety
- Ships & SRV (General Ship Fixes and Improvements)
- Fixed cases of Collector Limpets clipping through the top of several ships when returning cargo
- Fixed some visual problems with short Ship IDs
- Alliance Chieftain
- Addressed a specular highlight in the canopy that could flicker in certain lighting conditions
- Fixed a small gap in geometry
- Fixed some clipping on hardpoints 1 and 2
- Shrank the Shipyard schematic icon slightly to prevent clipping
- Realigned nameplates
- Fixed some clipping on the Ship Kit
- Fixed scratches being present on Ship Kit parts when there is no ship wear and tear
- The number of internal windows now correctly matches the number of external ones
- Fixed an instance of Paint Jobs not rendering over a heat vent door
- Smoothed out some overhead cables in the cockpit
- Adjusted some internal module target locations
- Fixed emissive decals on the Anaconda losing detail if the Fusion Paint Job is applied
- Asp Explorer
- Fixed a 2D Cannon alignment issue
- Diamondback Explorer
- Added Ship Kit cameras for outfitting
- Fixed a texture issue with the Prestige paintjob
- Federal Corvette
- Fixed some reflective areas on the Icarus and Prestige paintjobs
- Lowered glossiness on Precision Paint Jobs
- Fixed some missing textures on Paint Jobs
- Fixed a visual issue that could occur with your commander when colliding in an SRV
- Type 9 Heavy
- Fixed a missing thruster texture
- Fixed some texture and model position issues
- Type 10 Defender
- Fixed some clipping on certain Ship Kit parts
- Fixed some texture and model position issues
- Fixed misaligned small lights
- Stability Fixes
- Fixed a crash to desktop that would occur when opening the galaxy map immediately after the game had loaded in a station
- Fixed a server error that could occur when trying to apply an experimental effect to a module that was originally modified by another Engineer
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using Collector Limpets
- User Interface
- Fixed an issue in the Systems panel that prevented the module health from updating correctly when repairing a module using a AFMU
- Fixed legal salvage incorrectly showing as a loss when sold
- Weapons & Modules
- The heatsink launcher no longer has an incomprehensible DPS statistic
- Human and Guardian Tech Broker blueprint requirements have been reduced
- Decreased the discrepancy in jump times between Helm and crew members
On Tuesday the 25th June 2018 at 7pm BST Frontier will host a pre-launch stream for the upcoming Chapter 2 release in the Beyond series. A Frontier post on the official forum read,
So, you’ve heard the news? No? Well, we’re pleased to announce that, in the 3.1 update (coming this Thursday), the long-awaited Krait MK II will be making an appearance!
Commanders across the galaxy will soon be in the cockpit of the Krait MK II… but, before any of that, Ed and I will be taking to the stars in a Krait of our own, showing it off in all of its awesome glory!
Join us live on 26 June at 7:00 PM BST on our YouTube channel, where we’ll be taking a closer inspection of the latest ship coming to Elite Dangerous!
We’ll see you there, and have a Krait day!
On Saturday the 9th June 2018 Frontier attended the annual Lavecon meet and showcased some features coming in the Beyond Quarter 4 updates, as well as some things coming in the soon to be released Quarter 2 update.
You can see the details covering a large number of additions coming to Quarter 4 by visiting the page here. Changes to Quarter 2 can be seen here.
At 3.15pm on the 7th June 2018 Frontier updated the situation regarding the Mining Focused Feedback.
“We have an update regarding the Focused Feedback forum schedule. The topic on Mining will arrive approximately around the 18th of June and, as a result, we will push back the topic on Exploration to a later date (still pending at this time.)
“We apologise for the delay of these topics and hope to have some more information for you soon!”
The reason given for this was,
“It’s a case of that there are ongoing internal discussions surrounding the features, and we want to polish and review them a little more before opening them up for community feedback. We can assure you that those threads are still planned!”
On the 1st June at 3:45pm Sandro Sammarco made a brief update to the Powerplay proposals suggested in his original post, here. You can see them below or on the official forum.
“Hello Commanders, a quick update.
“First, thank you once again for your participation in this thread. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
“Clearly the Open Mode question is important, so we want to spend a good amount of time examining all of the options and collecting feedback before we come to any decision. To reiterate, nothing is set in stone. This is still an investigation.
“I will be posting a new, follow up thread next week, I hope you will be able to spare a moment or two to check it out and contribute.”